Welcome to the forum

Saturday 29 June 9:30 Ride

As David is off to do some serious climbs in the Alps, he's asked me to organise the club ride this weekend.

As it looks like a generally easterly wind, I propose we head roughly in that direction. I have 2 options:

1. Out to Saffron Walden via Buntingford and Newport and back via Great Chishill and Therfield - with possible cafe stop at either Clavering Lakes (if they can cope) or Bicicletta in SW (52 miles):
https://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1619889532

2. Flatter NE loop Barrington, Barton, Bourn, Caxton, Gamlingay etc - could detour to Wysing Arts centre for coffee (45 miles):
https://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/2571201454

Can decide tomorrow but would help if you can post your preference here - ta.

Oh and we may actually go at 9:30 so don't be late!

Comments

• Thanks Tim. I'd prefer the longer route, but happy to go with the majority. I won't be depending on Clavering Lakes service though. See you in the morning, Simon.
  • The CCA ladies Tootle ride is also meeting at The Tuns at 9.30 so there'll be some new faces to say hello to. We're heading out in the Buntingford direction then we'll loop back via Walkern.

See you in the morning!
  • Sounds good Jenny, see you tomorrow!
  • Looking forward to the hottest ride of the year so far. Happy to go with the majority re the route.
  • After a couple of early peel-offs, 7 out today for a slightly abridged version of the Saffron Walden route, with a stop at Clavering Lakes for coffee and cake kindly paid for for all of us by David N - what a gentleman! And luckily no-one there so service was friendly and fast.

Blimey it was hot though, but probably nothing compared to what David & Emma & co are suffering through in France...

Looks like Jenny had a good group of 'tootlers' out today as well - hope you all had a good ride.
  • Glad you had a good ride and finally got some good service at Clavering Lakes. We had a lovely ride thanks, finished with a much needed cold drink at The Tuns!
  • OMG 38degees at 1250m /4000 feet elevation!