raises money for the club
And I will be making the tea !

See you there

James

PS come and support our CCA riders

Comments

• Primavera Road Race 23rd May
    Race Start 9;30
    HQ Old Warden Village Hall (opposite pub)

Hall will be opening around 8AM for setting up.
    If you are involved with sign setting out please try & get there around 8AM as it take approx 50 mins to put the signs out & get back to HQ.

Marshalls need to get there about 8:45 tready for the Commisaires briefing & to give you time to get to your allocated positions.
    If you come by car please bring a broom & spade to sweep corners if necessary. Also bring suitable clothes, drink & food, & a chair.
    The Commisaire will tell you what to do, so don't panic if you haven't helped before.

If you want to see the finish, please don't park cars at the finish line. Please park very carefully in the farm entrances near the finish, so as to NOT block the tracks. We have had problems in the past & don't want to upset the locals.
    We have 70 riders coming from all over, so make sure you have a clear exit from the HQ to go to your positions.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, but if I do I'll post it here

Trahern
  • hi Trahern
    Did you get my email on volunteering? Let me know if you need me. Am thinking a nice, sunny corner with a big flag or similar.

martin@ccashwell.com
  • Martin,
    just picked up your email. Not been checking recently as I've been decorating in the evenings - nice!

Feel free to come along at 8:45 & see if we need marshalls. We have enough names, but some one may fall ill. Also man power to time laps, judge primes etc may well need bolstering.
    At worst you couldend up in Ickwell green, catch a few rays whilst watching others in pain.

Cheers Trahern
  • or you can operate the radio in race car 2 with me (and i dont mean the archers!!)
  • Breaker breaker, come in rubber duck. ten four.
    Cheers Trahern. Will turn up and see what's what. Have deckchair, will travel.
  • Trahern,
    pleased to see you have numbers to help. Finding it a bit hard to commit to anything at the moment due to work deadlines so probably won't make it out to the race this year. Hope all goes well. If i get a chance to get out I will pop down but unlikely.

Vincent
  • ANY BODY OUT THERE WHO CAN FLASH!!!!!!

We have NO flashing lights this year as this kit is being used by the Central Region Divs on the same day. If anyone has any magnetic or suction stick orange flashing lights that they could lend us for the day can you please let either.
    Carmelo
    Geoff
    Andy Bartlett
    have them today, or bring them at 8am tomorrow morning to race HQ

If you live near Gamlingay then bring them to me

Ta - looks like a nice day for a race
  • I have one magnetic orange flshing light.
    Tom
  • Got 2 double flashing units, courtesy of local sprint champ farmer, will bring them in the morning.
    Andy
  • A big shout-out and thanks to all those cheering "come on Phil" from every corner and HQ - it was a most welcome boost and really appreciated. Unfortunately, with about 1km to go my left leg decided it didn't want to play anymore, and so with the onset of severe cramp I was completely unable attempt any kind of sprint finish - will try harder next year! Cramp aside, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole event - what a buzz. Cheers all........
  • Thank you to every body who took part & helped out at the race today.
    Setting out signs, tea/coffees & cakes, licence ladies, drivers, judges & marshalls. Thanks to the last minute marshalls who stepped in to fill the vacant corners. We'll have to do better next year.

We received the usual welcome thanks from the riders, which is a good sign that things went well.

A huge thanks to Carmelo for getting loads of stuff ready for the day, and without whom the event would not even get registered in the first place. Lets hope we can have the same weather again next year - I've got quite red arms now.

Ta Trahern
  • I just want to add my thanks to ALL of you ...we had some set backs which we overcame and it was great to feel supported by some of the usual people but also some new faces..well done!...Trahern...couldn't have done it without you.....also PhilA..well done for trying..you looked the biz there for most of the race,keep trying like that and it surely will come good eventually...

Once again,love and thanks

Carmelo
  • Well done to everyone - I was very impressed by the collective effort.

Here's Phil in this shot - attacking at the front;

null
  • Well done Phil , a really good ride in a tough race. Pete
  • You looked strong mate and did the colours proud... needed a lead out for the sprint eh! MC, Tim where are ya!!