Welcome to the forum

CCA Wins Inter Club 10! Report, Results and Standings

edited August 2019 in Time Trial
Hi Folks,

OK, so you're just getting over the IC25 and entries are now open for the fourth of the five rounds in the 2019 competition, the IC10 organised by Icknield Road Club (IRC). There is a relatively short turnaround with entries CLOSING at midnight on Wednesday 31st July. Entries can be made, as usual, via Beford Road's book-to-ride system here https://bedsroad.org/enter_spoco.php? or you can pass your entry on via me.

The event uses the F15/10 course at Brogborough with the HQ at Lidlington Village Hall, High St, Lidlington MK43 0RN - Mr. Bumstead, please note the postcode! :-) £5 entry on the day.

Link to course is here https://cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/course-results/f15-10

Folks: We're leading the standings of the 5 competing Clubs in the competition after three rounds. However, this could turn around so very quickly. Since everyone but everyone's entry into the World of time-trialling is on a local 10, the entry to the IC10 is often huge from all the Clubs. That means there is a danger that if we only put out a small team we could slip up and let a win in this season's competition slip from our grasp. And what with it being holiday season for those with kids and Ride London the very next day, many of our testers seem to be away.

So, I want everyone who has ever ridden the CCA Evening 10 in this season or any previous season to think seriously about pulling on their colours, strapping on some tri-bars and getting on over to ride this one! Ah go on, go on, go on, go on, GO ON!
Mrs. Doyle gif

The Team - I think - we have so far are:
J. Andrews
G. Askew
R. Bumstead
C. Potter
T. Allen
A. McLeish
W. Smith
S. Miles
Let's be having YOU!

Comments

• Come on everyone, we need as many people as possible. We're flying and can't let it slip, so we need as many people as possible, even if you've never ridden a TT please step up so we can try bring this trophy home.
  • It's got a massive downhill that you dont even need to go back up. Get the 58t on the front!
  • Team update:
    J. Andrews
    G. Askew
    R. Bumstead
    C. Potter
    T. Allen
    A. McLeish
    W. Smith
    S. Miles
    E. Koppe
    T. Chitu
  • Team update:
    J. Andrews
    G. Askew
    R. Bumstead
    C. Potter
    T. Allen
    A. McLeish
    W. Smith
    S. Miles
    E. Koppe
    T. Chitu
    MC
  • I have entered. Nuunster- If you have any sway can you please request an early start time for me as am working nights that night and will be going straight there. Thank you.
  • Adam, Star man! Yes, we can arrange an early start for you, sir, so I’ll pass that on separately.

Same goes for anyone else wanting to ride, Folks. Let me know.
  • Team update:
    J. Andrews
    G. Askew
    R. Bumstead
    C. Potter
    T. Allen
    A. McLeish
    W. Smith?
    S. Miles
    E. Koppe
    T. Chitu
    MC
    A. Swan
  • Team update:
    J. Andrews
    G. Askew
    R. Bumstead
    C. Potter
    T. Allen
    A. McLeish
    W. Smith?
    S. Miles
    E. Koppe
    T. Chitu
    MC
    A. Swan
    J. Waterfall?
  • Stuart and Jackie can ride
  • Fantastic news, thanks Both.
    J. Andrews
    G. Askew
    R. Bumstead
    C. Potter
    T. Allen
    A. McLeish
    W. Smith?
    MC
    S. Miles
    E. Koppe
    T. Chitu
    A. Swan
    J. Waterfall?
    J. Field
    S. Field
    The following have signed up via the Bedford Road Cycling Club SPOCO link:
    J. Andrews
    G. Askew
    R. Bumstead
    C. Potter
    T. Allen
    A. McLeish
    S. Miles
    E. Koppe
    T. Chitu
    A. Swan
    Please can the remainder of you sign up by via the BRCC website also by midnight on Wednesday? In view of the tight closing date, I'll also pass your names on to the organiser to avoid disappointment. Thank you :-)
    W. Smith?
    MC
    J. Waterfall?
    J. Field
    S. Field
  • Confirmed Team update (14) - Thanks to Dr. Jones for signing up:
    J. Andrews
    G. Askew
    R. Bumstead
    C. Potter
    T. Allen
    A. McLeish
    S. Miles
    E. Koppe
    T. Chitu
    A. Swan
    J. Field
    S. Field
    D. Jones
    MC
    Any more for any more?
  • With a few last minute additions - thanks to Ms. Waterfall and Mr. Fraser, our confirmed Team of 16 is as follows:
    J. Andrews
    G. Askew
    R. Bumstead
    C. Potter
    T. Allen
    A. McLeish
    S. Miles
    E. Koppe
    T. Chitu
    A. Swan
    J. Field
    S. Field
    D. Jones
    MC
    J. Waterfall
    M. Fraser
    Tally ho! Looking forward to it!

• Best of luck to everyone.
  • its not showing MC on the registration
  • edited August 2019
  • Start List now available here
  • Hi Nuunster. Unsure of protocol. But is there any way I can get an earlier CCAer to swap start times with me? I’m going straight to work and cutting it fine. Being late isn’t an option for me unfortunately.
  • Adam, I’m really sorry. I goofed and didn’t pass your request for an early start on. Don’t fret, we can sort this. I’ll confirm your start time ASAP.
  • Well done on pulling the team together Andy.

Think we did ok?
    That last mile was shocking. I just wanted it to end and thought I might be sick at one point.
    Really nice atmosphere and CCA well represented. Nice to see a bunch of CCA making an impromptu club run out of it for the ride home. Jackie just made it to 50 by the time she got back.
  • edited August 2019
    I am delighted to report another cracking performance for Team CCA on Saturday with a win in the latest Inter Club TT of the series, the 10 miler! Yay! With just one race to go, the Hill Climb towards the end of September, CCA leads the field by 197 points! Double Yay!

The individual results show an impressive win in both the Ladies' and Gents' competitions with Mrs. Field and Mr. Potter respectively. With our strongest Ladies team of the series so far, in addition to Mrs. Field, Ms. Andrews was 5th, Ms. Koppe 6th and there was an impressive 8th for new Lady Ms. Waterfall! The "Koppometer" of Ms. Koppe's contribution to the Team's overall points stands at an awe inspiring 12%!

In the Mens' comp, we had three top 10s. In addition to Mr. Potter, Mr. Swan was 8th and Mr. Askew - who was unlucky to be stopped at the pedestrian lights on the homeward leg - 9th. With a strong showing from SNCC, who placed 4 in the top 7, CCA really scored heavily in the teens, with Mr. Constable 11th, Mr. McLeish 14th, Dr. Chitu 16th and Mr. Fraser 17th. Mr. Field 18th, a flying Mr. Bumstead 19th and Mr. Allen 21st all took points off slower scoring riders of BRCC, HNCC and IRC and provided just as valuable a contribution as slightly quicker "positive" CCA scorers.

It was hot work, Ladies and Gentlemen, but IRC put on a greatshow for us and we thank them for their organisation.

The results and standings table can be found in the following links:
    Results
    Standings
  • edited August 2019
    Pics, with apologies to Mr. Swan and Mr. Fraser, who I missed! :-)

• Does this mean I don't have to do the hill climb? 😁