Welcome to the forum

**Tonight's Final TT is *ON* but on a shortened course (roadworks)** Same start time 18.46

edited August 2019 in Time Trial
This is a Heads-Up to advise that the final evening 10 TT of the series this Season will take place this year on Wednesday 28th August HQd as usual at Guilden Morden Village Hall. Please sign on early as we'll attempt to arrange the riders in Handicap order.

There will be a few drinks and nibbles on offer afterwards paid for out of the tea/coffee/biscuits fund and the donations for the cakes at the IC25. And - with a quick few calculations after the event - preliminary announcements of the winners of the various categories.

With the nights drawing in and often a large turn-out for the last race of the Season, the first rider off will be at 18.46, that's 15 minutes earlier than usual. A back light is recommended.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Comments

• Cheers Andy. Hopefully will get over to this and 1 or 2 more before season ends. Haven't done many this year!
  • Good Evening Testers!

After two weeks away, I'm sure you will wish to join me in thanking both @Stuart F and @TimA for running the events solo on 14th and 21st August respectively.

So here we are then. This is the final event of the 2019 Spring and Summer TT series. The weather looks dry, about 22 degrees - so a relief from this weekend's temperatures - and a South-Westerly breeze which I think many feel is the best direction and speed for the fastest times. So why not come down and give those legs one last churn over the course this season and share a nibble and a drink or two with fellow Testers and InterClub team mates afterwards?

One small problem at present. Aside from Stuart and I, we have no other helpers signed up on the Doodle. If our star-man Mr. Ayers is available, we can get by. But it would be good to create a bit of atmosphere with a few more if possible please. But ultimately, we'd like you to enjoy this one, so please don't feel obliged if we have a skeleton of three to organise and help.

We'll try to arrange folks into some kind of handicap order, so please sign on early.

We look forward to seeing you. :-)
  • I'll help out Andy.
  • Thanks Al.
  • I can help out Andy. I'll try and get there for 6:30pm
  • Thanks Brendan, nice one!
  • We should be back barring any terrible traffic.
    On our way back from Norfolk in a few hours
    I can help out
  • Any news on the rumoured traffic lights on the Toll Bar-Wrestlingworth road?
  • David: You're a mind reader.
    I took a look at the Council website this morning and noticed scheduled roadworks on the main road on our course coming back from Toll Bar, just after the turn to Croydon. I drove out there this lunchtime and there were traffic lights and a 100 metre or so stretch of barriers. Spoke with the workmen and the lights will remain tonight and probably for a few days. So what to do?
    Well, we have the permissions to use the course, so we're going to do this. We start at the 25 start up by the Wrestlingworth cross roads. We finish a safe stopping distance of the Toll Bar turn. So that's about 6 miles of the course. You make your own way back to the Village Hall where there'll be nibbles (dips, veggie quiche, pork pies, small cold beers (first come on those) coke etc.) for a small soiree afterwards. And because of the shortened course, the season-long competitions are frozen as of last week's race. So I'll be announcing the season-long competitions - all subject to checking of course.
    Do come on down and enjoy the fun, either to help or race or join us for a chat. See you there.
  • Mainly downwind too.
  • I will not make it over tonight for the last instalment of the TT , but have really enjoyed reconnecting with CCA. I look forward to riding the TT next year and maybe joining you all on a club ride in the future. A fabulous club as always.
    Gar
  • Thanks Gar, That’s very kind of you. Please keep an eye out on the Forum for suitable rides. We look forward to catching up with you again soon.