Welcome to the forum

Wed 14th Club 10

Hi All

Andy and Robert are not available for this one so at the moment it is only me down for running this. We managed with only 3 last week for 17 riders so will need a couple of extra helpers to sign the doodle or let me know on here.

Thanks

Stuart

Comments

• edited August 2019
    I’ll help out Stuart. Can’t face another headwind slog up the Tadlow road !!
  • I am happy to help out (having seen the weather forecast) if there are no further volunteers (I expect there may be). But I am unable, due to trains, to get to Guilden before 18:45 but am happy to marshall. David Marriage
  • Thanks. Will keep an eye on the weather
  • Didn't realise Andy wasn't about this week.
    I messaged him volunteering my services.
    Won't ride, as I've still got a cough.

I'll be there for 18:30.
  • OK we should be good to go. Shame the weather is looking not so good.
  • Is there a weather protocol for abandonment or just a show of hands? Maybe the weather is just worse in London than Guilden.
  • Drying up in Cambridge.
    Forecast looks ok for this evening.
  • It's very wet in Stevenage!
  • Just been through Royston and dry so saying will give it a go. I will be there regardless as I need to hand over the case to someone for next week.
  • I'll be there to ride and take the case.
  • Well done to the intrepid 8 who rode this evening. It was completely dry in the end but very windy. Despite this there were a couple of PB's.

Thanks to Stephen O and David J for stepping in to help run the event.

Tim will need 1 more helper for next week as David M will definitely be helping.
  • edited August 2019
    Congrats to the 8 rides who braved the less than ideal conditions tonight. Some good times though, and a couple of PBs so maybe not as bad as it looked

Results are as follows - Andy will have to update the handicap standings, but it looks like Graham might be almost unassailable at the top.....

J. Bard 27.17
    G. Askew 23.34
    R. Bumpstead 25.02
    S. Douglas (MTC) 25.46
    T. Allen 24.51 PB
    T. Lunnon (MTC) 29.13
    G. Fay (IRC) 28.17
    D. Marriage. 25.11 PB
  • Thanks Stuart and David for running this evening and Mr Orriss for marshaling.

David Marriage is on some top form at the moment and is accumulating points rapidly. Its going to be tight with 2 races left. Im going to have to find some gains from somewhere.
  • Oh no, looks like I'm going bumped to 3rd!