Welcome to the forum

Paris-Brest-Paris

edited August 2019 in General
Not a sportive and definitely not a time-trial but as some may know I have managed to qualify and get a place to participate in Paris-Brest-Paris. Just a long bike ride really (about 1220Km) but with time constraints to get to each of 13 control points. The 4 qualification rides needed were a 200K, 300K, 400K, and 600K and my time allowance for this ride will be 84 hours starting at 5am on Monday 19th Aug.

Anyone who fancies keeping an eye on how it's going can do so by going to the tracking link on the PBP website:

paris-brest-paris.org

Rider no/frame badge no is X281

Comments

• Good luck James - will be tracking
  • Have fun James! Is there anything left on your tick list of all things cycling? Ride Le Tour next maybe?
  • Best of luck James. I'll keep an eye on your progress.
  • Good luck James, have a fantastic ride!
  • James. Hope it all comes together for you. Incredible effort. Makes wells and back a half day job I will follow u

๐Ÿ‘
  • Best of luck in this epic and legendary event James, hope you get to enjoy some of the Breton scenery (assuming it's daylight for that bit!)
  • James, good luck and hope it goes well.
    Any ride over 150 miles is beyond my comprehension, but I know this is a true epic worthy of a big beer
  • Thanks all - now set for a good night's sleep before the off. @wilburtrump as much as I can say it won't be RAAM๐Ÿ˜€
  • Go on @JMac! I see youโ€™re picking up your pace a little as the ride goes on... keep it up, youโ€™ll be back in Paris before you know it!
  • Well done James, making great progress. Weather forecast has improved.. sunshine and light winds next few days in Brittany. And clear moonlit nights!
  • Top work ๐Ÿ‘ @JMac! Only 25hours to go!..........utter madness!
  • edited August 2019
    By my crude maths, Jmac appears to have around 30hrs left to cover just over 300km. Without tempting fate, it appears he's well on his way to a cracking time.

https://track.rtrt.me/e/PBP-2019#/map/RUTY9WFK

I'll ask if he'll do a 'club night talk' about his experience, one evening in the autumn/winter.
  • That would be great Martin. Perhaps could include the mt Blanc tour as well ?
  • Well done James. 79.17 mins Epic effort. Bath beer and bed ๐Ÿ›Œ๐Ÿ‘
  • Massive, Congrats James!!
  • Well done Jame!! Get on that Kronenbourg!!
  • Well done James - awesome!