Welcome to the forum

Club 10 TT this Wednesday 21st - Results

edited August 2019 in Time Trial
As both Andy and Stuart are away this week, I'll be running the Club 10 on Wednesday.

However I'm going to need some helpers please...David M has already kindly volunteered, so I need at least one more in order for this event to go ahead.

If you can assist please reply here and add yourself to the Doodle poll (https://doodle.com/poll/bdwq5h95hi6xc8xi).

Comments

• Hi Tim,
    I'll help. I've put my name on the Doodle Poll.
    See you on Wednesday.

Cheers
    Peter
  • I've just added myself too. All being well Thomas will ride, albeit in full CX mode again.
  • Great, thanks both! Looks like we are all set.
  • Tim. I will be marshalling too. I tried to use the Doodle by CBA to run all their non-functioning admin nonsense. I can be there from 6.15. David
  • Thanks David!
  • edited August 2019
    Hi. My young lad Leo would like to experience the roar of the greasepaint that is a Wednesday club 10TT tonight. He's too young to ride officially, but is it possible he can be 'rider zero' and let him go off first this evening with a number on his back, a hold and a countdown: to make it feel real?

I will then shepherd him around the course. Feel free to give us a wave as we plod around...

We may be some time... So is it also possible to leave the finishing flag out to give us a sense of completion, and I will collect and return it to HQ - rather than the timekeepers waiting to time us and give us a finishing time.

Hopefully we'll be back in time for biscuits. But no problem if not.

thanks team!
  • edited August 2019
    Yes of course, no problem Martin, we'll do what we can to make it as exciting as possible for him!
  • Seriously...that is almost worth coming to watch. GO LEO!!
  • Tonight's results:

1. M. Young 21:40
    2. G. Askew 23:17
    3. T. Chitu 24:54
    4. S. Miles 25:10
    5. R. Bumstead 25:20
    6. M. Scales 25:41
    7. E. Koppe (F) 26:27
    8. J. Bard 26:33
    9. D. Jones 27:48
    10. S. Orriss 28:22
    11. T. Ayers (J) 28:43
    12. G. Fay 28:56

And a special mention of course to young Leo Lawless who went round in an unofficial time of ~49 minutes, which is pretty impressive for a 7-year old - well done Leo!
  • edited August 2019
    Thanks to all the TT helpers last night. Strange wind yesterday, seemed like a sort of headwind all the way round ?? Not entirely sure if that's possible though !

And massive congrats to Leo - 49 mins for 10 miles at only 7 !! Awesome :)