Welcome to the forum

0800 Saturday 24th August

Weather looks good for this weekend so I am putting out an early message to gauge who is planning to be out.

No route as yet but I was thinking maybe:
Hatfield 100;
Blue Egg;
Maglia Rossa;
Broxbourne.

or alternatively Tour of the Cornfields.

Distances between 70 and 110 miles all with a café stop.

Comments

• Im defo in
  • Or. A nice 'fat burning blast' out East? St Ives?
  • Excellent, see you at the Tuns.
  • As mc is up north I'm also thinking Saturday for a long one.
    We probably should throw in a few stelvios right?
    Tour of the cornfields is a must on 1st September. Book your places for a cca train. Happy to ride Road though tomorrow.
  • edited August 2019
    Might be of interest to some of you on Monday. Graham and I are planning a 100ish mile route over to cafe ventoux. There are some decent climbs on the way there. Some decent training for those heading to Italy. Reckon average will be 18mph+ Anyone interested?
  • Up for a ride in the sun, although would rather a sub 80/90 one stopper ideally. I can always bail at some point.
  • @Taff , not sure I could keep up 100 miles @18's AND hills :anguished:
  • I will get out for a few hours and where is cafe ventoux?
  • So the ride im planning is on Monday not Saturday. Anyone interested this is the route from Biggleswade (anti clockwise, via Great Barford, Kimbolton, Oundle, Uppingham, Cafe Ventoux, Corby. Great Addington, Great Barford, ). I can send GPX file if you want it. Meet in Southill at the Village Hall at 8. From Ashwell back to Ashwell its 140miles.

Cafe V route
  • edited August 2019
    Gulp... so back to Saturday ..... Ely ? Sit by the river and eat cake :)
  • Wind from the south east so perhaps the bumps of North Essex?
  • I'll be out for an hour or so, what's the route?
  • We can decide in the morning. May be Blue Egg with return route south of Stansted Airport, to get the wind.
  • Sold ... to the Ninja lego man :)
  • Wonderful.
    Got a gpx fine Martin?
    No can do Monday. Need to sort out a few admin and work things having left them to the end of my hols.
    Saturday is my B...ke day
  • Kimbolton, Oundle, Uppingham; shame to miss out Harrow then on to Eton....
  • edited August 2019
    Have a good ride. Sorry won't be able to make it as need some sleep!
  • Great ride. Thanks. Made it back by 14:03; helped enormously by a tractor towing me at 35mph most of the way down the hill to the 505!
  • Yes cheers. Grreeeat ride. Hell on earth but wonderful.
    Best get some sleep soon. Movies in the meadow next.
    Shouldn't have listened to Skelders in the three tuns. Will need the passenger seat now.
  • Ps. Slightly bottling Italy with 50+ ooo ft of climbing. How will that be possible?
    Best work on the mental side. Positivity right?
  • Great ride in the, but too many beer at the Tuns! Needed a lie down when I got home.
  • Come on Eeyore get with the program.
  • Great ride, thanks Martin for route... last 25 miles were tough though!

Don't blame me for the beers.... blame the glorious weather :)
    I did make it past the motorway bridge... only just.... rested after the lights :anguished :open_mouth:

Was somewhat in the dog house wen i finally rolled in though... oops