Welcome to the forum

Chamois cream recommendations

Family members are in need of a resupply of chamois cream. What would people recommend?

Comments

• ASSOS Chamois Cream
  • I have found the 'Muck Off' version ok. Trisports stock it.
  • Assos.

Also their post race gel stuff is ace, too. Forget the name. Skin repair gel? Genuinely worth it. Far more effective than sudocrem. Use after shower. Lasts 4+ months.
  • Assos the best I have used. Wish they sold it in larger tubs.
    Muc Off was good, didnt last long enough though during a long ride, but had a good smell, but got good for though who are allergic to parfum.
    Uddery Smooth is ok if you want something cheap for short rides or the indoor trainer as it doesnt last on longer rides.
  • I always use paceline - works a treat. Men and women's version.
  • Be interested to James opinion but personally on multi days a good solid based cream with an extra helping on the liner does the job. I use calendula salbe heel cream for over night repairs. Amazing cream to clear overnight any soreness to ride again next day. You have to buy online as it's not in the pharmacy
  • Goose fat mixed with the tears of an angry eunuch. Organic too.
  • Will - seriously, have you seen the price of eunuch tears these days? Think I’ll treat my lot to some Assos cream then. Thanks for the recommendations.
  • Depends how they got to be a Eunuch Claire as to market value versus availability.
  • I can vouch for the Muck Off cream Martin mentioned. I used if for the first time yesterday and all is well.

I checked the ingredients, and glad to say there’s no trace of eunuch tears in this product.
  • The Muc Off stuff is great, I’ve just started using it too. Beforehand I stuck to Chamois Butt’r, it’s pretty cheap and does the job well. Although I’d steer clear of the “eurostyle” version, the menthol can be a bit of an unwelcome surprise...