Welcome to the forum

Volunteers needed

On Oct 6th we will be hosting a round of the eastern cross league, this is a good money earner for the club and helps to pay for things like free TT's, discounted anniversary jerseys and all the equipment needed to run coaching sessions for youth and adults. If you can pay the club back with some of your time it would be really appreciated, volunteering is really rewarding and it would be great to see some new faces getting involved. Please do what you can to make this event a success...

We will need Marshal’s mainly but there are many jobs. Let me know if you can do morning/ afternoon/ all day. Will work around you if you are racing. We will also need help 29 sept for gardening and on 5th for set up but these 2 days need less people than race day.

Comments

• Will be racing and helping when not. Can do 29th but likely not the 5th. Richard.
  • Hi Dan,

I’m up for helping on the 6th, will do whatever you need (within reason, and I’m rubbish at judging) potentially around for 5th in the morning but can’t commit to Saturdays.

Looking forward to it, it’s always a great event! Bumped into a chap from Finchley Road CC on the road the other day who noticed my kit and told me that the CCA CX event was by far the best in the calendar for him.

Another great day of racing put on by the club... one of many!
  • Sorry Dan, I'm afraid I can't help I will be away for a long weekend then.

I hope others can help.
  • I'll be racing and happy to help around that. Should also be available on 5th to set up, but not on 29th.
  • We have had a strong response to this and we should now have enough people to run the race. More volunteers are always welcome as it will help to shorten people's shifts so please do volunteer if you can. I will schedule the marshalling duties around people's races/ kids etc and we can accommodate that within the schedule.

A couple of people have yet to confirm their exact availability but once they do I'll issue a more detailed schedule. Generally though race day will be from 8.30am until 15.45pm.

I'll also sort out the arrangements for set up on 29th Sept and 5th Oct but this is less labour intensive than the race day so I am not so worried about this.

Thanks all
  • I've already spoken with Pete and said I'll help course prep on 29th. Can't do the 5th though but happy to help throughout the race day around the boys races. I volunteered my services to Susannah for league duties this season but declined the Ashwell race so i could help out with other duties on the day.
    Car park tape/crossing point, marshalling, whatever you need.
  • I’m available on the 6th if you need any more people
  • I'll help out on the 6th.
  • Hi Dan, I can help.
  • I'm available to Marshall/whatever on the day, although would like to race as well if poss...
    Dave.
  • Thanks everybody. We now have enough people and I have started a new post with more details on arrival times and roles. All you need to do now is enter the races!