Welcome to the forum

CX Bike - XS / 48cm

Hi all. Lillie is looking for a CX bike in a size XS / 48cm. A small / 50cm is too big for her. Ideally want hydraulic discs and a 1 X system but anything considered.

She’s looking in all the obvious places like eBay, Facebook groups etc... but if anyone here has something that might suit please let us know.

Thanks everyone.

Comments

• She shouldn't worry about disc brakes for local league racing, canti's will be fine. None of our local courses have anything where stopping with canti's is an issue, even when it's wet. It will make it easier to get a good deal, almost certainly will be lighter and you will probably be able to pick up some good cheap tub wheels to go with it for muddy conditions. Tim will be working on braking skills on Wednesday!
  • Everything considered currently Mwyer. Great points re discs and totally agree. But if possible and if she ends up buying new we will go for discs. Just the preferred option but will see what comes along.
  • Katie Scotter (a regular top performer within Eastern Region) has two very small mega-spec cantilever 2x11 bikes for sale right now:-

“For Sale - Ridley X-Night XXS Cyclocross bikes

Two bikes for sale. Both feature full carbon frame sets, carbon tubular wheels, full Shimano Ultegra 11-speed group sets with Avid Shorty Ultimate brakes. Forza bar and stem, Thomson seat post and Specialized saddles. Good condition with only usual minor scuffs and marks from cables and normal use. Ridley measure these as 41cm centre to centre, which equates to 46/47cm sized frames in other brands (I’m about 5ft 2in/158cm for reference).

£1300 each”

If you’re interested, either join the Easterncross Facebook group to see her ad, or give me your contact details and I’ll message her to put you in touch with each other.

Mark F
  • Hi Mark. Yes have seen them and they’re real nice. They’re quite a bit more than lil wanted to spend but thank you so much for letting me know.

We are hopefully off to Bristol tomorrow to collect something all being well.