Welcome to the forum

Middle Group ride: Sat 22 May 8.30am, 68.5 miles Finchingfield

edited May 2010 in Club runs
This Saturday. Does anyone fancy a strictly middle group ride [17-19mph av-ish] to twee Finchingfield and back. The forecast is glorious with a light wind from the east - so a gentle tailwind back.

8.30am start, at the cemetery car park. Reckon on getting back about 1pm.

Route here

Comments

• Hi Martin i will be there.
  • usual question Martin, is there a turn off point?? time is potentially pushing it for me?
  • With this route - not spectacularly: beeline from Buntingford knocks 5 miles off for baldock. And/or... we start earlier: 8am gives 8-9 miles for free.

Or we do a different route; maybe repeat last week's 1,000 metre climber: baldock turn-off opps a go-go.
  • Would be perfick if we had a turn off, fitness/time restraint.
  • If the consensus is for something more Back to Baldock by 12 for some - that's coolio with me. Last week's route didn't leave the area too far, so means you could make it 50 miles, a bit further for 63 - if things are moving well, or I might go for 70 back to Ashwell.
  • hoping to be there - not fussed about which route
  • Don't change the route on my behalf as I seem to be developing a horrid cough and therefore may not even make it now !! grrrrrr
  • Let's see what's what at 8.30am at the cemetery then, with whoever's there.

Sunshine - that's what what.
  • Ya mo be there, as Michael McDonald might have said. If he'd been a member of CCA.
  • i'd like to ride out if that's ok although I need to be back in Letchworth for around midday though so may have to turn back early. Getting fed up training on my own.
  • big respect for Mikey M reference Adam: my wedding first dance.

Sounds like a baldockcentric way forward is the way to go
  • Epic ride today, chaps. I made it exactly 80 miles (with 9 added on for to and from Baldock for me) at 18.4mph for eight of us. Gorgeous weather, cracking route (thanks to Martin for that) and no mechanicals. Not much not to like, really.
  • 8 out on Saturday. Good to see Malcolm so soon after the EdD, and see Jeremy and Julian too. Hope you got back in time Julian. See you on another ride soon Jeremy.

The sort of Summery conditions you need to remind yourself of in the deepest Winter months!
    null
  • Thanks Martin. Back indoors at 12:50 - 10 minutes to spare. You made the right choice to stay in the lanes. The B road either side of Hare Street was being resurfaced.
  • sounds like a good'un Martin.....it's worth the suffering through winter to enjoy these perfect cycling days......did 63 at 17mph on Monday...getting there....hope to join in one day again