Welcome to the forum

Bravo Trahern

edited May 2010 in Road Racing
Hi,

Trahern has been keeping his track exploits very quiet but I shall blow his trumpet for him.

At yesterday's Track League at Welwyn he scored a bit of a result in the 10 mile end of meeting race. As part of the B group, he had a half lap start on the A riders. A group of 5 B riders including Trahern took off at the start of the race and within a few laps had latched onto the back of the A string putting themselves a lap ahead. Despite numerous attacks, Trahern hung in there and gradullay improved his position in the large bunch. It all came down to the last lap dash where he hung on to claim an excellent fifth place, a lap ahead of all the A Cat riders, including ex Worlds Silver medallist Tony Gibb and Commonwealth Games rider John McClelland.

Comments

• Go Trahern!!

Thats a great ride. The Welwyn 10 miler is a great race, used to be one of my favourites and for those who dont really understand what it entails its simply a 10 mile bunch race, maybe over 40 riders together. But, if youve been riding the club 10 or ramping up the average on the chaingang, heres some context for you....its often run off at average speeds getting up to and sometimes over 30 mph!

Beating Gibb and McClelland, that must be the ride of the year so far, well done Trahern.

TD
  • Blimey Trahern..you were very modest and underplayed this when you told me about it yesterday or maybe I didn't quite take it in...Well done!!
  • saw you the other week Trahern...you clearly had the bit between your teeth then....really good result T.......some big scalps there!!!!!!!!
  • Top riding Trahern!