Welcome to the forum

Thetford Racing Winter Series Rnd 2

This took place this morning. It was at Bilney woods near to Kings Lynn. 6 riders from CCA made the trip. Phil K's younger slimmer brother, Mrtin H, MC, Jackie and I were in for the 3 hour version whilst Geoff was in the 1.5 hour version. All riders use the same course which is approx 4 miles. The 3 hour goes off first and the rest join with everyone finishing at 1o/c or whenever your last lap finishes after that time.
It is a while since we raced MTB and I dont't think I have ever been on a circuit that had so much single track. It was not a problem for me but I should imagine it would have been difficult to overtake for the faster riders. As predicted in the post about rnd 1it ws tough. It was a fine day but some of the course was very soft and the course designers had included a lot of hills and rises for such a flat part of the country.
On the whole very well organised and good to see a lot of faces from MTB tears ago and members of the CX crowd who were not at the regionals.
All results very professional courtesy of time laps. Jackie got herself on the podium for the vet women and got a dangerously sharp chunk of metal to hang around her neck!
The jury is out on whether we will do th next one which is back at Thetford.

Comments

• Having been racing cross so far this season racing for 3hrs came at somewhat of shock. Lots of single track meant that things got a bit backed up when the later divisions started. I was glad in had the Camelbak and a couple of gels, but I was starting to flag a bit towards the end. I got to the finish about 1min before 1o/clock so ended upon on another lap, so was running on fumes by the end.

I never expected my arms to be more tired than my legs, need to do a few press ups I think.

I think I was 85th with 7 laps completed. Phil unfortunately suffered a broken spoke and had to retire. Never saw MC again after the start.
  • Just found the results on Facebook, turned out I was 27th with total time of 3:31:55, no wonder it seem like a long time.

Jackie - 2nd - 6 laps - 3:16:52
    MC 34th - 6 laps - 2:56:06
    Stuart 44th - 5 laps - 2:42:34
    Phil 49th - 2 laps - 0:51:19 (curse of the broken spoke)

Geoff 16th - 4 laps - 1:39:44
  • Good course which was 95% singletrack. Nice work you lot in the 3hr race. I won't be joining you any time soon. Would have loved to stick around for a full debrief but I had to be elsewhere for 4pm.

I thought we would be seeing Keith today?

Round 3 on Sunday 12 January. Full results from today here
    http://timelaps.co.uk/assets/uploads/EVENTREPORT.aspx?eventid=262WestBilney08/12/2019
  • 3hr31 Martin? Brutal!

MC I don't know about flying, you must have missed the bit where I stalled going uphill and then couldn't unclip!!

I've just booked up for rounds 3 and 4 as well.