Welcome to the forum

Hillyfields 1st December

I think we are a bit behind with CX race reports so here is one for the latest Eastern Regional League event at Hillyfields last Sunday 1st December.

The courses at Hillyfields, Colchester are usually notoriously narrow with spares overtaking opportunities. However this time, for our second visit of the season, course designer David Hales had excelled with use of a new section that cut out the narrow stuff and created a more flowing and race friendly course. Despite having a few regular riders missing we had 21 representing CCA.

7 of us lined up for the 50+ race. After a couple of corners I was following Tim and Martin and was surprised to see Pete just ahead. Mainly because he normally gets a lightening starts and gains about 15 places off the line. However Vincent had stalled ahead of him, holding him up. Daniel was not too far behind either. On a frantic and congested first lap I managed to get ahead of Tim and Martin and could see comeback rider Craig Dyce not far ahead. I chased him all race, but despite passing others as they fell back could not reel him in. Vincent had another great top 20 finish.

Vets 50+
18th Vincent
25th Craig
26th Mark
30th Martin H
33rd Pete
35th Daniel
43rd Tim

It rained a bit after our race making the course a bit more slippery and muddy for the following races.

Archie Foulkes had to pull out of the senior race feeling ill but Thomas Ayers finished 43rd and 9th Junior.

Emma was 22nd and 4th Vet 40+
Stevie was 26th and 4th Vet 50+

Vets 40+
26th Ben Reidy
28th Iain Foulkes
38th Dave Hadsley

Youth Boys
33rd Archie Bracewell
41st George Presland
58th Joseph Hadsley
6th U14 girl Ella Friedlander
7th U14 girl Ellie Mitchinson