Welcome to the forum

Chaingang on tonight 7.30pm as per

edited May 2010 in Chain gangs
Me and Robbie plan to make it - trains permitting - for 7.30pm at the cemetery.

Comments

• I too am hoping to make it. Will confirm this pm - martin 6.23, right?
  • yes - 6.23. if you're gonna be a few mins late - just call/text me.

Strong breeze from the east this eve. Might be tucking in a bit on the dash towards Bassingbourn!
  • I will be along tonight. Not sure how my legs will feel after the King of the Downs sportif at the weekend. 116 hilly miles was a tough ride in the hot weather.
  • edited May 2010
    Are you townies sure you want to come back tonight?.....Canary Wharf
  • I'll be there - like Alex not too sure how the legs will be.
  • Good shout that Pete - a shame I wasn't aware it was coming up. Bit late to change plans but up for it if there's a townie desire to bob over in a cab at 6pm. I'll be supporting Corley - with ex-CCA Ash Cox in the melee.

That reminds me: on the horizon, a CCA sunny afternoon off at Rapha's pop-up cafe on Clerkenwell Road [open til end of TdF] I reckon? With a good TdF stage on the big telly. Or day off - 80 mile ride ending up at Rapha, store bikes safely at my workplace nearby, watch the stage, hit the pubs, train it back. I'll ask around if there's a Rollapaluzza going on at a suitable evening - their Horseshoe pub venue is nearby too.
  • What a beautiful plan Martin. I like the full cream option you propose. If we get to a Rollapaluzza eveing we need to be observing THE RULES. Daniel
  • Looking good.
  • i'm there :)
  • Meeting over-ran. Grrrr. Next time eh.
  • i take my comments back from last week's TT... that was hard!!! but great 8-)

apologies for being a tad late!
  • Great ride all. Hang in there Peter. Skelders i think you will be on for 3 laps next week if you don't burn out just getting to the start on time. If it would help for trains times to slip the timing slightly in the mid summer that could be an option but it really helps to leave by 7.30pm to catch the light.
    Had joyous cramp in middle toe after the ride and many thanks for letting me suck wheels for a lap.

That made my week. Set me up nicely for the week. Mark C and I are considering a 3 hour Saturday spin in hills leaving 8.30am but will post a suggestion on the Saturday forum about that.

Same time next Tuesday and glad we are keeping a regular group and enthusiasm remains high.
    Now Phil, the less massive of the two Phils. We are dying to know how that compared to the Primavera. Are we training at a decent pace or have we got a long way to go before we hit racing pace?
  • oh i clocked 22.8 mph average for 26 miles. Would be good to keep to 3 laps for a few weeks and up it to 4 in July. By then we might need to think of an alternative route that includes the club 10 or some alternative. But let's stick with current route in June.