Welcome to the forum

Be careful out there folks

edited December 2019 in General
Sad to say we've just had the following message at SNCC; thought I'd put on here as the incident occurred nearer to CCA-land in case anyone spots a light-coloured Land Rover with damage / new wing mirror. For context, Leon is 78 so unlikely to have been going 'too fast'

happy cycling & stay safe

Simon

"I'm the daughter of Leon Bradford, member of your club. Been posted on Strava, but just to let you know he is in Addenbrookes hospital. On Thursday 19/12 at 14.30 out on his bike, a Landrover pulled out in front of him near Croydon on B1042 about 18 miles from St Neots, Shingay cum Wendy area. He has 2 cracked vertebrae in his neck but thankfully no other injuries. He will be in a neck brace for 3 - 4 months. The driver didn't stop long at the scene and did not leave details. Police are appealing for more witnesses. It was a light coloured Land Rover, will have damage to near side, missing a wing mirror cover which police have retrieved. Any information please call police on 101, incident number 267 and ask for Sgt Stephen Andrews. Would be grateful if you could inform those who know my dad about this and spread the word about appealing for witnesses. Appreciate your help with this. Thank you. Tina"