Welcome to the forum

SUNDAY 30th....STARTER RIDE and CLUB RIDE

edited May 2010 in Club runs
I NEED TO SPLIT THIS RIDE..Last weeks was too big and needs Bob to take a steady club ride for adults ..if not Bob can someone volunteer to run a really steady ride of some 30 - 35 miles at average 15mph...reasonably flat please...we have been focusing on through and off..close riding and cornering skills with some chain gang sections...makes for a fun ride and everyone seems to enjoy the challenge....volunteers to set a course and head it up please....9am start at cemetery...I need to focus on starters and youth as this needs a crb adult to run it.....cheers guys

Comments

• can i do it
  • As a responsible upstanding ex member of the club
    you have the perfect qualifications

.... just try looking behind now and then
  • hahahaha Ken..wooden spoon for you, or should that now be a virtual wooden spoon.................seriously folks............if several people volunteered and took it in turn it would only mean you need ride at this steady pace once every x no. of weeks depending on those who volunteer......it wouldn't hurt any club rider to take this starter ride and would be a great addition to the club in giving a reassured slower paced ride for those new to group riding and not certain of their ability initially to hold a club ride pace..........it would also get you to know a different section of the club and as an added bonus would seem like a rest day for many .......it is amazing what you notice around you when riding well within your ability.......
    If Bob is riding with the club middle/aerobic..group I fear that this is too fast for many new to club riding so we do need a regular ride .....it's a no-brainer really.....
  • I will be doing the starter ride with Alfie and Daisy (and CRB checked).
  • thanks Robbie..good to see you out and well done Daisy and Alfie....26/7 miles...Fiona..looking good for the grass track event this Sat......good to see new riders Greg and Craig....Jon on new Trek will soon be leaving us oldies behind....help from Richard,Julian and Josh who was nearly caught on Odsey hill by Greg....promising talent all in all and augurs well for the future..........a really enjoyable ride..thanks to everyone.