Welcome to the forum

CANCELLED events?... Fear Not!...

During this current period of uncertainty and social lockdown, we have an opportunity to keep club spirit alive through the power of technology!

Zwift to the rescue....

I will be looking to arrange a number of 'competitive' events as well as club rides over the coming weeks.

In order to participate... Get yourself a smart trainer (pop to Halfords quick before they sell out), register on Zwift, add CCA to your username and follow me through the Zwift App. (Full 'getting started' details can be found on the forum)

I am MORE than happy for other set up rides also, just post up a ride you are doing or if you want to arrange your own meetup... If CCA people 'follow' each other it makes it easy to find and invite...

Stay safe and Ride On!

Comments

• Hitchin Nomads have participated in the BRT Criterium Race as a regular winter race on Thursday evenings @ 7.20 & were just winding down now as the weather was improving. However given the circumstances, with interest, we may continue on & possibly do additional rides too. It would be good to see some CCA on Thursday evenings & if you post up the rides / races you are doing I can promote them to the Nomads. Unfortunately ZwiftPower.com doesn’t seem to facilitate dual club membership.
  • Matt, Is it possible to organise your own races, as opposed to just group rides? I was thinking about a virtual Club-10 on Wednesday nights, for example? Or virtual Inter-Club, or even virtual road races for CCA and surrounding clubs? Just a though, as I'm not sure what's possible.
  • Hi Brendan, it is possible but these need to be proposed to Zwift with a time slots / day which is free. For certain activities, you also need leaders guaranteed to turn up. I think for TTs this is more relaxed, I will investigate further.

There is no reason why we cannot tag on to already established events though. For example Wednesday evening 18:50 Team CLS TT... 10 miles... Boom. If you are registered on Zwift Power with CCA as your team, them there is automatically a generation of club stats /results
  • "18:50 Team CLS TT... 10 miles..."
    Sounds good. We should get onto this!
  • Thanks for this Matt, there's hope yet..!
    Unfortunately, having accepted the invite to tonight's ride, I'd forgotten I've got a meeting so can't actually make it - have 'fun'!
  • Thanks Matt ^

RE: COVID
    Happy to help in Letchworth/Baldock/Hitchin-area if anyone is having to isolate and needs shopping, etc. Drop me a whatsapp: zero se.ven 595300074
  • Champion Nat... Great club spirit