Welcome to the forum

Sunday 30th May - Middle Group

edited May 2010 in Club runs
Middlers: how about out west then? Through Woburn park, then the lumps around Little/Great Brickhill, Milton Bryan, Sundon Hill, Lilley valley, Kings Walden, Preston. 66 miles to Baldock, 70 back to Ashwell. Am not too familiar around Brickhill - but have a bit of paper.

Or any other suggestions?

A prompt start at 9am, back about 1pm.

Comments

• sounds good to me, will be there
  • Mmm Sundon my favourite lumpy bit ! I was just about to pour a 2nd glass of Dalwhinnie, well why not, I'll be last up Sundon whatever so see you in the layby.
  • edited May 2010
    Good ride in sunny - but windy weather. 14 out, whittled down over time - but held together for most of the way. Well done Tim G for stepping up and getting thru just fine. 71 miles Ashwell-to-Ashwell, 18.1mph av. Back 1.05pm.

I've put the route up on the club ride list. Number 32.

I've also uploaded last week's Finchingfield loop, number 33.
  • Martin
    What a cracking route that was gald you put it on the list nice and lumpy,i peeled of with max and went through hexton, higham gobiam, meppershall,clifton.
    Finished on 73 miles in all,will see you all next week if your not all on the chiltern 100.
    all the best.
    strappy.
  • So with 11 on starter ride....14 on mid/fast ride.....20+ on aerobic ride/club ride?? over 40 out again......any reports on your rides Bob or James?? how far and where did you go?.......how are we doing with volunteers prepared to take on by rota our basic club ride for newbies and slower riders.....I am happy to start riders off into the club, but we need the next ride steady state for them to move into....over to you guys perhaps!!...The Saturday ride is getting a bit far and fast for these starter/new riders....
  • thanks again to routemaster martin - another great ride - enjoyed the bit out the back of brickhill/woburn, not been out that way much on my bike - had a look at the map to see where the steep hill was we didn't find and it is over in bow brickhill rather than little brickhill where we were, shame(?!).

My stats finished at 87miles at 17.8mph - good training for the chiltern 100 on sunday