Welcome to the forum

CX Summer Race - 16th August

edited August 2020 in Cyclocross/Offroad
A heads up for all members that we intend to hold Cyclocross races for all categories on 16th August at our field off Small Gains Lane in Ashwell. The event has been submitted to British Cycling and is pending approval from HQ. The turnaround is quite tight with entries opening on Saturday at 9am, if it is approved in time. I will be selecting entrants manually to ensure that any CCA member who wishes to race will be guaranteed a place, in return they will be expected to volunteer for a portion of the event.

There will be strict guidance for the event in line with British Cycling and Government Covid 19 guidelines. This will be shared with all participants and volunteers. When entering please read the rider information on the event page to determine which race you should enter. If you have any doubts then please message me.

These events were a great introduction to racing for quite a few members last year and we'd love to see some riders who have been thinking about getting into cyclocross racing. There will be racing for all youth categories too.

In will post the link to the event as soon as it has been approved.

Comments

• This race is now confirmed. Entries open tomorrow morning at 9am using the link below. We're expecting demand to be high seeing as it's the only cross race actually confirmed for this year!

I will be reserving places for CCA members, 1st and 2nd claim, on the basis that they also volunteer. I will be holding them until midday on Sunday. If you are a CCA member and it's not clear on your online entry and you wish to be reserved a place then please let me know.

Youth and U12s shouldn't need to reserve a place but get their entries in quickly just in case.

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/231036/Cycle-Club-Ashwell-Summer-CX-Race-
  • edited August 2020
  • The event is now pretty much full, just one U12 space and a couple of Youth spaces left.

Thanks for all of you who have volunteered to help. I've managed to keep everyone down to just the morning or afternoon, except for Sallie I'm afraid who is my only first aider. I've given you roles below, I will give a briefing as to what's required on the day. It's all self explanatory but there will be some extra considerations regarding Covid 19 safety. Myself and Pete will be around the whole day to help out with any issues.

We are also setting up on Saturday, from 11.30. The more people the better, bring your bikes for an early practise as this will be very limited on the day.

All day

Event Organiser – David Hadsley
    Assisting event organiser – Peter Daniels

Morning – 9.00 – 11.30

Car Park entrance – Dan Hall
    Car park directions – Ed Nelson
    Signing on – Daniel Doncaster
    Rider holding pen – Scott Storti
    Tennis court mound – Vincent Friedlander
    Rear right mound – Richard Lawrence
    Front right mound – David Mitchinson
    Judging – Mark Wyer, Ian Doe
    First Aid – Sallie Bracewell

Afternoon – 11.30-14.00

Car Park entrance – Iain Foulkes
    Car park directions- Geoff Ewen
    Signing on- Martin Lawless
    Rider holding pen – Jenny Andrews
    Tennis court mound – Ray Barnett
    Rear right mound – Dave Wells
    Judging – Stevie Wyer, Ian Doe
    First Aid – Sallie Bracewell

• David, please let me know if you need/want an extra hand, I’m free in the morning I think.
  • Thanks Luke, we're ok at the moment but would be great if you could help if anyone becomes unavailable.
  • Let me know. I’ll probably ride over in the morning anyway so I can pick up any tasks if so.