Welcome to the forum

***FOR SALE - Nearly New 2018 Shimano S-Phyre RC9 Road Shoes, Size 43E in Pearlescent White***

Eew! Would you buy a pair of second hand road shoes? Well, maybe. Why not read on?

I have wide feet and, over the years, I've had two operations to remove a pinched nerve in each foot (Mortons Neuroma). I don't want another! A couple of years ago I bought these shoes as a replacement for some ageing Lake 402s. I tried many shoes in the shop and these seemed the best fit: they were wide enough, comfortable and with two Boa fastenings, highly adjusteable. Cycling Weekly gave them a 9/10 write-up too. See HERE.

The problem I've had with them is that, as I began to ride on them, after about 2.5 hours the left shoe aggravated my sensitive pinkies making for a painful ride home. My old Lakes still cause me no issues. So it's just that these S-Phyres taper towards the toe end a little abruptly for my feet, whereas Lakes have a wider box toe construction. I've probably ridden these S-Phyres no more than 15 times, sometimes on the Turbo, and with shoe covers in inclement weather. So, for white shoes, they're in pretty good condition, I think. OK, so they're second hand, yes they're the original model, but in white they look pretty cool, no? So if anyone is interested, I'm looking for £100 ono (new, current models retail for about £230).

If you're quick and riding this week's 10, I could bring them along so you can take a look.

Comments