Welcome to the forum

Chaingang - Tues 18 August 2020, 7.15pm

Hi all

Next chaingang is Tues 18 Aug - note the early-ish start.

7.15pm departing Ashwell (Three Tuns).
7.20pm departing Steeple Morden church/pub for the start.

Let's make a call towards the end of lap 2 if we think the light is good enough for a third lap. I think we will just get away with it this week. It will be two lap chaingangs then on.

Usual details:

We rotate the chain anti-clockwise. Keep things smooth and avoid surging or blowing up to try and stick together. If you're suffering, stay off the front and have a breather for as long as you like.

If there's less than 4, it's probably better making it a TTT instead of a chain. If there's more than 6, we will split into two groups as per BC/COVID guidelines.

Anyone attending: please put your name in this forum thread for tracing purposes.

All welcome. CCA members or not.

Lap map:
https://www.bikemap.net/en/r/996158/

Comments

• Get your sunny ride of the week in on the chaingang. This evening.

No one gets dropped on lap 1. So it’s a guaranteed 9 miles of full gas for all.
  • I'm planning to come along - see you all later!
  • Will be there
  • Martin i can meet you at guilden morden if im the only one going to ashwell save you having to ride over
  • May be others in Ashwell, Jamie - I will go there first. I get to stretch the legs too.
  • Ok no problem see you in a bit
  • Me, Jamie, Mat out yesterday on a warm, windy but fast night.

Despite there being only three of us, we chained very smoothly for two laps. It was great training and well disciplined. We then decided to TTT a third lap and recorded the fastest lap of the summer. Led largely by a super strong Jamie who is in form ahead of having a go at the Fred Whitton in a week or so.

The evening darkness is coming in fast now but we hope to get a couple more weeks of chaingang in. It will just be two laps though I expect.

We consistently see Emma riding in the reverse direction on her commute home.

At this point I usually wax lyrical about keeping the chaingang efforts going in the winter at the brilliant Wednesday evening road racing coaching sessions at Welwyn velodrome. But I expect they are not running. Will find out.

‘Til next Tuesday!