Welcome to the forum

Circuit of Kent Sep 12th 2010

edited June 2010 in Sportives
I've finally registered for this one, looks good, and perfect training for Belgium one week later. Anybody?
Www.kentcyclosportive.co.uk

Comments

• it is a great sportive, I did it a couple of years ago with Mark Wyer.. watch out for Carters Hill tho!!!!

I can't join u I'm afraid :-( run out of passes this year!!
  • Entries seem to be still open for this one.

Anybody looking for a late season jaunt (80 or 130km options) could do worse. A change is as good as a rest.

find it here
  • I've had my request for this turned down - Belgium the week after. Too much time away.

But a mate of mine from Catford CC is doing it - if you want to buddy-up Pete? email me if you want his email address/contact.
  • funny you should post this again but i am in the process of putting a last minute case to the Director of Internal Affairs...

watch this space...
  • I'm in :-)
  • Splendid! Talk soon
  • ouch!!!

Peter G & I completed this Sportive today and had a great ride. Unfortunately we followed the 'sheep' - 20 or so riders - on a turn that was the right coloured arrow BUT the wrong event!! Ended up doinng an extra 6 miles which unfortunately was just enought to ruin our chances for GOLD. We clocked up 18.7 mph average, took 4 hrs 34 over 83.7miles (should have been 78!! Gold cut off was 4 20, Doh!!)

great ride, legs are shot and Carter's Hill - last hill, 1 K from end - is sooooooooooooo steep!!
  • edited September 2010
    Tim,
    Posted a copy of the profile from my Garmin as promised. In case you can't see it, Carter's Hill is the 'Wall' like section right near the end!
    Elevation of Circuit of Kent

I just want to say that you pulled like a train, when I was going through the pain barrier. so thanks for that.
    This is an excellently organised, run and executed event. Free victuals at the end, Jazz band, massages available, great facilities. All only an hour and twenty away.

I will be up for this one next year, to get that Gold next time. So close, but I think we rode a Gold pace so must be content at that.
  • and thanks again Peter for doing the driving, much appreciated!