Welcome to the forum

Wednesday 12May21 - 3rd CCA Club 10TT - Footdown Course - First off 19.01; Sign-on from 18.15

edited May 2021 in Time Trial
Hi All,

Stuart F. will organise as I plan to ride(!), so please give him your usual good support. We have three offers for help from @Adam S, @Mitchy and @Redhill Rob . So, we should be OK this week, but let me know if there is any more interest - many hands make light work...

On the matter of registering to help, I tried to add Rob to the spreadsheet on Google drive - and failed, and I own the document! So I don't think this is working well enough to continue with it. So, let's now revert to good old posting in reply to the following week's announcement. Thanks!

All being well, this should be the last event before the unlocking of lockdown allows rule of 6/2 inside the hall on 19th May, so fingers crossed...

Comments

• i will be available to help. Got of horrible cold so I wont be racing.
  • Nunster, to confirm my offers are for next two Wednesdays (wasn’t going to be for this Wednesday).
  • However if you need me as a helper because without that the event can’t run let me know
  • edited May 2021
    Thanks for confirming, Mitchy. No worries, my imperfect recollection of a quick chat at last week’s sign on...
  • Andy. Please add Lillie to the list of helpers for this Wednesday. Adam.
  • Will do Adam. Cheers.
  • Me and Ellie paid - see you all later
  • Paid up for 1st TT of year!
  • Paid for Mark L.
  • Paid, see you later.
  • I've paid for tonight too.
  • Paid for Nathan
  • I'm in
  • Big thanks to all the helpers tonight, great work!
  • Yep thanks to all the helpers, it was good to get out and do my first TT since 2019.
  • edited May 2021
    In more benign conditions than our first two races of the season, the wind dropped to a gentle southerly and the distant showers floated off in another direction. A good sized field attended to contest the first "Footdown 10" of the season - the first could not be run as intended because of traffic lights on the course.

Your correspondent was in the unusual position of participating in the race rather than organising it, for which opportunity my deep thanks to Stuart and his helpers, who - in no particular order - were Adam and Lillie S, Redhill Rob and Graham A. This makes it tricky for me to say much more on the results below than what you, dear reader, can gather yourself.

From the results, please join me in congratulating Ellie Mitchinson, who was the only PB on the night - a maoosive 1 minute 26 second besting of her time set on this course on 19th August 2020. Naturally, Ellie carries off the Handicap win this week as well as fastest Junior and gets a free entry to next week's event! Well done Ellie!

Dad Dave didn't do too bad either, eh? After knocking on the door the last two weeks, Mitchy carried off the plaudits for winner of the fastest Mens' category - I suspect on his road bike. You'll also notice that Mitchy had the young pair from Welwyn on his tail, both posting impressive "22s", Mr. Hardy with a PB, I understand. I saw Mrs. Field, off at number 2, powering past me on the circuit on her way to finish as fastest Lady. And the fastest CCA Gent was Mr. Lawless. Bravo!

Good to see Mr. McLeish out. Unfortunately, he had to stop to clear a steamed up visor. Better to know now than during the Inter Club 15 on 31st May 2021, Al (hint-hint). More on which shortly! :-)

Results (CCA unless stated)
    1. D. Mitchinson (CCCCSD RT/Contour Cycles) 22.27
    2. N. Hardy (Welwyn Wheelers) 22.32
    3. M. Lightfoot (Welwyn Wheelers) 22.50
    4. M. Lawless 23.22
    5. D. Wells 24.06
    6. J. Field (F) 24.09
    7. M. Wilsher (Meridian Tri) 25.06
    8. M. Scales 25.09
    9. D. Marriage 25.22
    10. S. Miles 25.21
    11. A. Nunn 26.00
    12. S. Douglas (Meridian Tri) 26.12
    13. E. Koppe (F) 26.20
    14. T. Chitu 26.42
    15. A. McLeish 26.55
    16. R. Bumstead 27.16
    17. C. Duguid (Meridian Tri) 27.56
    18. E. Mitchinson (FJ) 28.15
    19. T. Lunnon (Meridian Tri) 28.34
    So far as the Handicap is concerned, I calculated the evening's scores as follows:
    1. E. Mitchinson 21
    2. M. Scales 16
    3. D. Marriage 13
    4. E. Koppe 10
    5. M. Lawless 8
    6. A. Nunn 6
    7. D. Wells 5
    8. J. Field 4
    9. S. Miles 3
    10. T. Chitu 2
    1 point bar.
    So after two scoring races (and remember, you score an average of your seasons' points for your qualifying two helps during the season), the top 10 in the Handicap standings at this early stage in the campaign looks like this (number of helps shown in brackets):
    1. R. Buky 32(1)
    2.= E. Mitchinson (FJ) 21(0)
    2.=. A. Bracewell (J) 21(0)
    2.= D. Marriage 21(0)
    5. M. Scales 16(0)
    6. J. Bard 13(0)
    7. M. Lawless 12(0)
    8.= E. Koppe (F) 10(0)
    8.= M. Young 10(0)
    6 points bar.