Welcome to the forum

Ashwell circuit race action

edited May 2021 in Road Racing
The weekend saw Ashwell's Dave and Jenny (Ashwell 2nd claim) down at the MK Bowl - having a great time at the circuit racing there. Dave 14th and Jenny 5th in their races.

I went over to the new cycle park in Colchester. Definitely one for everyone to check out. Club trip? Good for those interested in dipping their toes and taking the chaingang to the next level. I had fun in a BMCR Masters double race there. 2 x half hour races. I came maybe 10th and 12th - results TBC.

Full-fat race report here for the curious:
https://martinlawless.tumblr.com/post/650835999612633088/velo-schils-bmcr-double-circuit-races

I shall try and put road/circuit/crit races I see in the calendar that I think may interest club members.

Comments

• Last night, our Chris L raced the 4th Cat at Bovingdon. I've never been on the 'Bomber' circuit. It sounds like a simple enough loop - except for a technical tight left turn that is a bit of a decider every lap. I look forward to getting more intel on that from him - as me n' Dave are there in June in what will be a super tough Cat 2/3 race.

It sounds like Chris had the power but was locked in too much in the bunch sprint to get through the pack to take top honours. However, he did come 8th place - which is brilliant considering the high standard.

Some people have been asking me for more details on the new circuit course over at Colchester. Toks - a character in the Masters racing scene - has just put this nice video together of the second race I was in on Sunday. Including a collectors' item of me in an attempted break in the last lap (1:47). If only the three of us had worked together...

Dave and Jenny are racing in a couple of weekends at the Leicester circuit. A sort of recce for the National Masters Crit Champs in the summer. Meanwhile, Chris is racing the Banbury Star road race the same weekend. I think he'll do really well there.

I may have a dig at a Tuesday evening (TLI federation) race back at Colchester in a couple of weeks.

Meanwhile, I hear more and more BC and BCMR (Masters) events will be coming into the calendar soon. Will keep you posted.