Welcome to the forum

Saturday 29th May 0830 - Club Run - Blue Egg

Hoping to take advantage of the forecast weather this weeks early club ride is heading out to the Blue Egg.

Departing from 3 Tuns.

Post up here if you are planning to join us for a visit to a club run favourite.

Comments

• Should be there Martin 👍
  • Yes. Good for Sat. 8:30 start? Although very happy for an extra half an hour in bed. 😁
  • Sounds good- do you have a route in mind? I'll meet you wherever you cross the Hare Street/Barkway/Barley road...
  • Dave,

This is the route we did last time. Which should work for you. We will leave Ashwell no later than 0835.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/27333803

Let us know where you will be.
  • I should be there Martin
  • A nice light easterly to blow us home too!
  • Brilliant, thanks Martin- we'll head to Hare Street for about 9:10, and then head back towards Buntingford to meet you (Jenny will join us for a bit). See you in the morning 👍
  • See you in the morning. Looks like we have a CCA Blue Train.
  • 9 Headed out to the Blue Egg today, although Jenny only joined for a short while.

Couple of punctures, one off road sector and one trip to the hedge at the bottom of gravel covered descent!!, but all good.

Excellent bacon rolls, cake and coffee and a nice tailwind pushing us home. Longest ride of the year, with many clocking over 100miles.

A proper club run, see you for the next instalment.
  • Great ride. Thoroughly enjoyable. I decided against the 5 times around the Litlington one way system to clock the 100. The first time ride on the stubby saddle was a success.