Welcome to the forum

New CCA Chairperson - nominations now open

To all members,

I would like to advise you that after careful consideration I will be stepping down as chair of the club at the AGM (30 June). After discussion with the Committee, I personally believe that the role of chair should be rotated biannually in order to bring in new ideas, energy, perspectives and diversity. This also allows more members across different cycling disciplines to get involved with the running of the club. I have enjoyed my 2 years in this role and as the clubs first female chair have tried to focus on inclusivity, communication and raising our profile within the wider community. Although the last year has been particularly challenging throughout the pandemic, I hope that I have made an impact and that the club has provided its members with a degree of sanity throughout.

So we are now looking for a new chair for the next 2 years - do you want to get more involved with the club, have new ideas to pitch, take up a new challenge or represent the club in the wider community? Please contact myself or any of the committee members and we will happily provide more information on the role. The next chair is to be voted in at the AGM so please provide your nomination by 27th June.

Thanks
Emma

Comments

• Hi all

I've received an excellent expression of interest from Daniel Doncaster so would like to nominate him for the role of chairman

Cheers
    Chris (club sec)