Welcome to the forum

Just Joined - Is there a Weekend Club Run?

Hi, firstly, I'll introduce myself - my name is Julian and I have just joined the club. I have recently moved to the area (Eyeworth) and the club looks great, so I joined last night - I bumped into a couple of people preparing for the TT yesterday evening. I'd love to get to know some of the other members and some good local routes, so wanted to know if there is a club ride this weekend. I'm doing 30-40 miles on my own per ride at the moment averaging about 18/19mph. Happy to do a bit more distance though.

Comments

• Hi Julian, thanks for getting in touch, i'm Chris the club secretary. Club rides are pretty consistently every weekend, usually we have one on Saturday and one on Sunday, best thing is to keep an eye on the forum and the regular ride leaders David and Mark will post up about the rides with a proposed route as well. Usually we meet outside the 3 Tuns pub in Ashwell.

There are also rides in the week, the TT like you mentioned as well as a friendly chaingang fast training ride on a Tuesday. If you have any questions please feel free to post on here or drop me an email at secretary@ccashwell.com

cheers, Chris
  • Hi Julian. Sat club ride is doing this route tomorrow. Leaving from the Tuns at just after 9.30am and probably will be about 16avg

Ashwell-Bassingbourn-Fowlmere-Elmdon-Ickleton-Littlebury-Askensden-Langley-Barley-Reed-Therfield-Ashwell (51 miles)

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/23351792