Welcome to the forum

15th June chaingang

edited June 2010 in Chain gangs
We had a small turn out on a windy evening however three joined part way through taking numbers up to about 8. Three tough circuits averaging 22.5mph over 26miles. Discipline was fairly good, with a couple of unorthodox wind-ups by we all know who, but demonstrating great strength. Some excellent new riders turning up and some gutsy performances, namely Peter.
A regrouping after lap 2 was most appreciated allowing Marin and myself to rejoin.
If racers are at a loose end on a Tuesday evening please join in so thanks to Phil for his excellent controlled riding keeping pace and group organised.

Comments

• had a brief spell in tonights chaingang, I was supposed to be resting between intervals! good to see a few lads out, I may even tag along one night training schedule permitting...:)
  • Don't undersell our speed Vincent. I clocked 24.2 mph for the first lap and 23.9 average for the next two combined.

Apparently the Tour de France is won with an average of about 25 mph and that is on smooth roads with no potholes. So not too far to go for the blue train to be world class.
  • good to see the train in action.....thanks for the clear calls when passing us..it looked such fun I broke ranks all unintentionally and upped our speed 2-3mph as you passed...was itching to jump on the back..slapped wrist and back to proper pace
    ....I am very impressed with our group...they are working well together..good discipline and cornering is improving every week..holding formation and speed whilst cornering and still doing the changes is truly a difficult skill.....well done everyone especially Louise who has a hatred of cornering and has stepped up to a class act..just need to get the heels down now Louise......our group is averaging 18-19 mph and last week we averaged 19 with a last lap of 20-21 as a time trial line.
  • i think you are referring to our ride yesterday, on 29th as around 23.9 mph average. my initial comments were re 16th June which was mighty windy.
    Great to see Peter and new chap(sorry bad with names) make the three laps. Peter your improvement this year is inspirational.

It felt tough out there yesterday but Phil, Alex, Mark and Ian were regulars on the turns and hope you join us soon Andre. Didn't recognise you as you are looking race slim these days. With a few more we could have a seriously fun time.

In a few weeks it might be worth making the first lap a little longer to include the 10mile time trial as the route is starting to become a bit monotonous but if so we will announce it the day before on the blog. Not sure i could manage a fourth lap but would be good to take it up 36 miles at pace.
    Alternatively we do a fourth lap as a wind down initially.

Anyway excellent fun and cheers all round.