Welcome to the forum

23-06-10 Club 10 results

edited June 2010 in Time Trial
A near perfect evening, a great turnout & some very fast times. A few stressful moments: a flying start from Richard GG who got carried away with his warm-up and missed his start time, some young lads in the way at the finish & then a horse and cart charging down the middle of the road, blocking someone else's finish. It must have cost them a few seconds .. or were they drafting??

Anyway, results as follows (I'm having to re-type all of this cause the forum timed me out & I lost the whole message!!):

1. Pontus Axelsson (HNCC) 24:15
2. Jason Stuart (HNCC) 24:16
3. Carmello L 24:39
4. Tim Skelding 25:03
5. Tim Hector 25:19
6. Robbie Laughton 25:51
7. Mark Horton 26:34
8. Stef Dixon 26:41
9. Adrian Bell 26:44
10. Phil Adams 27:16
11. Darren Carter 27:46
12. Tim Bedford 28:30 (Do you still have the number 13?)
13. Richard GG 28:33
14. Geoff Russell 29:00
15. Theo Doncaster 29:28
16. John Riddet 29:32
17. David Jones 30:35
18. John Meadows 31:18

Geoff - thanks for your help at the start. I hope the souffle wasn't ruined!

Take care

Lindsey

Comments

• edited June 2010
    A note of congratulations are in order.

On the same day as two other miraculous sporting achievements (the USA ball-kicking-and-hair-gell-wearing squad topped their group at the world ball-kickingand-hair-gel-wearing cup league international championships, AND two bright-yellow-squishy-ball-whackers played 118 games in the fifth set at Whim-ball-tune, neither one giving up until they were thrown off the court when it got dark--incidentally proving that grit, determination and manliness hasn't completely died off in this pathetic, hang-wringing metro age we live in) young Master Theo Doncaster (age 14 I think) broke under evens in the club 10 for the very first time with a cracking 29:28.

Admittedly I rode behind him and shouted at him the whole way and helped him judge his pace, but he did all the work, I did not go to the front.

Now, here's the news that maybe some of you missed on the night:

1. His chain came off going over the bridge and we had to stop put it back on.
    2. Due to that front derailler malfunction, he did this time IN THE SMALL RING AND ON YOUTH GEARING!

Let that be a lesson to all you gear mashing geniuses out there who think you need big gears to go fast. Learn to pedal properly. Save your knees and the NHS thousands of of my tax £££ in orthoscopic surgery ...

Should anyone need help locating the "small ring" (sorry to use such an arcane and technical bikie term), I'm sure any member of the coaching staff would be more than happy to point it out to you! ;-)

MacSkeen
  • Well done son! I am very proud of you. However don't get any ideas of knocking 1:47 off this time!

Daniel
  • Blimey, just noticed Skelder's time. Well done mate, that's a PB isn't it?

Daniel
  • Souffle fine Lindsey..very moreish......great ride everyone esp.Theo.....should set the benchmark for the youth section to aim for........some mean machines there ...getting serious..can anyone PLEASE get in front of those nomads tho' it's great to have Pontus and Jason there to aim for ..well done everyone..good ride Carmelo..looks like Roger sorted the back problem for you.........
  • Great Stuff, almost a full field.

Carmello, is that a club record on that course? Skelders, great time, soooo close to a 24.

Tim H, still oldskool?

Daniel, i can see you looking over your shoulder...hes coming for you!
  • Thanks for organising Lindsey. Good evening's entertainment and good banter.

I think I might have discovered the secret of sustained improvement. I spent a fair chunk of yesterday afternoon on the toilet but managed to go 1:49 faster.

Next time I'm having a big bowl of prunes beforehand, a whole new meaning to wind assisted.

Darren
  • I think I discovered that lazing on a beach for 10 days is rubbish TT training !!

Ouch !

DavidJ
  • Firstly I forgot to pay last night Lindsey..will sort and thanks again to all helpers....

Tim I think that is a club record not helped by Tim Hector arranging for a hay tractor to pull out of his driveway and into my path right at the wrong moment apart from losing time.very scary!!..anyway I know that Tim H is bollecting his TT machine today and they way he is improving I suspect this record will not stand for long.....
  • Well done all. Who has the kit for next weeks TT?

Angus
  • Hi Angus, I've got the TT kit. Are you likely to be in Ashwell or do you want me to bring it over to you?

Lindsey
  • edited June 2010
    What a lovely evening that was. Lots of people out really nice to see... Thanks to Linsey and Geoff.

Lots of fast times, Tim S narrowly missing the 24's, Carmelo suffering at the hands of my hay delivery! (that cost me a pint haha)

Yes Tim D still oldskool :-)

Overall a very good evening was had by all....well done
  • Hi Lindsey,

I can pop over sometime over the weekend. What is your address and when should I turn up?

Angus
  • Hi Angus - that would be great. We're at 6 Fordham Close - at the bottom of Mill Street. We're likely to be around most of the time but before 10.30 am or early evening either day would be safe bets.

L
  • I'll try to pop over tomorrow morning then.

Angus
  • I'm supposed to be helping tonight but have just learned I'm going to be detained at work.

Can I swap with someone?