Welcome to the forum

Wanted - mid-range TT bike

Morning

Just posting on the off chance someone from the club may be selling a TT bike soon. Not wanting to spend silly money, but would like 11 speed, and suit my son who is 5ft 11. Cambridge based.

Thanks
Steve L.

Comments

• Hi Steve,
    I'm just about to put my TT bike on fleabay, as I don't have time to train for TTs, but happy to hold off if you were interested. It's an Austro-Daimler TT Carbon- I bought the frame from a guy in the States who had bought and was trying to resurrect the AD brand, and wanted some exposure (which sadly I didn't get him!) In the UK. Made it up with a collection of bits and pieces, mainly 105 with Dura Ace shifters and an old Hed discwheel that I bought off MC (previously Will's, I think). It's technically a 52cm frame, but at 5'11.5", this was the size I was advised to buy, downsizing a bit from my road bike, although it has a decent amount of adjustability.
    The only down side is that it's ten speed- could be changed easily enough with a change of derailleur and shifter, but the disc wheel would probably never take 11spd.
    I was going to start the bidding at £600, but happy to let it go for that on here to save the hassles of packaging, etc. If you'd like pics or further info, pm me your mobile, and I'll send some.
    Cheers,
    Dave.
  • PM sent. Cheers.