Welcome to the forum

Zwift Inter-club winter League 2022-23 - Heads-up!

I've just posted this up on CCA FB page (subject to acceptance) re this years Winter Zwifting

Heads up for this year’s Zwift Inter-club Competition for Winter 2022-23. As usual it will be based on the British Cycling 10TTs on Thursdays at 12.20 or 7.30pm & the results will use the Inter-club scoring system. There will be 2 series: the first for 7 Thursdays, before Christmas starting on November 3rd and finishing on the 15th December; and the second, for 6 Thursdays after Christmas, from 5th January to 23rd February.

To participate all riders must be associated with their respective clubs and be in their club’s Race Team on Zwiftpower.com
Our usual inter-club neighbours will be competing and CCA & MTC (Meridian Tri Club) will combine and we hope to have Stevenage CC join the competition too this year.

There are a few Thursdays before the League starts to try out the British Cycling 10TT event.

Message me with any queries – otherwise I’ll see you in the virtual world!

Comments

• UPDATE - It’s now that time of year again to dust off those Turbos and get Zwift up & running for this Winter’s Inter-Club Zwift Competition!

It all starts this Thursday 3rd November using British Cycling’s 10TT at 12.20 6.30pm. Both races can now be found on the Zwift Companion app. Before the clocks changed, they were at 1.30 & 7.30pm.

This year Meridian Tri (MTC) & CCA combine as a single team & Luton CC join the competition. Not Stevenage as previously mentioned.

There will be a 7- race series before Christmas – ending on 15th December; and a second 6 - race series after Christmas from 5th January to 23dr February.

Just ensure you are in your respective clubs in Zwiftpower.com and enter the BC 10TT race on Thursday & I should be able to pick up your results from Zwiftpower.

I’ll hopefully see you in the virtual world of Zwift on Thursday…..
  • Thanks John for organising. How did CCA fair week 1?
  • Full results are on the CCA Facebook page.
  • Apologies - the results were posted on the CCA FB page last Thursday - but are still waiting approval. Here they are - CCA / MTC came 2nd by one point!
  • Thanks John.
  • Results are out for this weeks Zwift Inter-club race with 3 riders out for CCA. Some very good times at the pointy end from Luton CC, BRCC & HNCC. It was also good to see Logan racing again.

• Results have been tabulated for today’s Zwift Inter-club competition. BRCC are still winning each round - BUT it’s getting a bit tighter for the first 3 places - particularly with CCA/mTC creeping up. Again some very tight margins in the placings. Give me a shout if I have omitted anyone / made errors etc.

• Coireall would love to do this next week, could you add him (and me too if possible) to the CCA team please?
    https://zwiftpower.com/profile.php?z=2451044
    https://zwiftpower.com/profile.php?z=1680668
  • Simon, you'll need to request to join CC Ashwell as a team on ZP. I can then approve. Cheers
  • Hi @mattss, I did that for both accounts, thanks
  • Today's Zwift Inter-Club Results. 6 CCA racers out today - that I can see - & a big welcome to C Marlow (aged 12).

Give me a shout If I have made any errors or missed anyone out.

• Results of todays Inter-club competition. BRCC were 1st again with HNCC 2nd & CCA 3rd. 4 CCA were racing today & apologies to Anna Fraser as only 2 women were racing so there is no seperate 'W' Cat. 3 as a minimum are required.
    Regards - All
  • Inter-Club Results: BRCC winning again by just 4 points to HNCC in second; A tie for third for CC Luton and IRC with CCA closely behind both. It’s getting much tighter now and I know there were at least 2 DNFs due to ‘mechanicals’ today. Only one race left now before the Christmas break. Well done all those who took part - give me a shout if I have omitted anyone.

• Congratulations, again to BRCC, particularly their strong Women’s team. Well done also to you, CCA/MTC for caming 2nd today with only 4 riders – but with some big hitters. HNCC were 3rd missing out on 2nd by two points – but just beating CC Luton by the same margin.

Good to see CC Luton out with 6 riders & some very good performances.
    Nathanael Thould, IRC continues to win the event.

Many thanks to all those who participated in this pre-Christmas Series & Series 2 will be for 8 races and will start on 5th January.

Have a good Christmas all!

• Hi @Johnhighfield, I think you missed C Marlow from the results?
  • edited December 2022
    Hi @Johnhighfield. Shouldn't Anna Fraser have scored points?
    Thank you for organising. This was my first race, but I will try and join more often after Christmas.
  • Apologies Anna Fraser as your points were not picked up - this has new been updated. Also C Marlow, apologies again as your result does not come up when I extract the CCA results from ZP. Can you join the CCA Racing Team on ZP - or are yoiu too young? Anyway - now both rectified.
  • Congratulations CC Luton – who have made a great start to the New Year and Series 2 of the Inter-clubs!

HNCC came 2nd and BRCC are in the unusual position of being 3rd.

Nathanael, IRC, continues to smash it & we welcome Freedom Tri to the party who have made a strong start.

Give me a shout if I have made any errors / omissions.

Happy New Year Zwifters!

• Hi @Johnhighfield - C Marlow missing again (sorry!). He requested to join the CCA team on ZP a while ago but it hasn't been approved, not sure who needs to do that.
  • Apologies Simon - Updated version of yesterday's Inter-club to include C Marlow (12) who was overlooked as he is not in the CCA Team on ZP. Matthew Scales - can you accept his membership please if he has applied.

• Apologies, missed this. Now approved on Zwift Power
  • Zwift Inter-club 10TT – Thursday 19th 12.20 or 6.30pm.

After Luton won the first round of this post-Christmas series BRCC came back strongly last week to a very tight draw with Luton for first place on 182 points each.

Unfortunately, HNCC slipped to 4th place by virtue of only having 6 riders out – as 8 are needed to score maximum points for the event. FreeTri did well to achieve 3rd with a strong female contingent.

Women’s 12.20pm Race: https://www.zwift.com/uk/events/view/3428547

Mens 12.20pm Race: https://www.zwift.com/uk/events/view/3428548

All 6.20pm Race: https://www.zwift.com/uk/events/view/3428653

• edited January 2023
    Today’s Race Results: It’s now getting really close between BRCC & CC Luton – BUT Luton
    seem to have snuck it by the smallest margin of just 2 points. I have double checked the results – but please get back if I have overlooked anyone etc. FreeTri were 3rd with a very strong female contingent with CCA/MTC 4th and – alas HNCC 5th……

• Inter-Club Results for today. It’s extremely tight for the 1st three!

Give me a shout if I have omitted anyone / made any errors. The fastest 8 riders score for each club and all riders MUST be in their teams in ZP to be included.

• Todays Race Results: CC Luton maintain their top spot on the podium with FreeTri taking 2nd place for the 2nd week running and BRCC 3rd.

The overall points score is now: CC Luton 856; BRCC 672; & FreeTri 624 with 3 races to go now…… Give me a shout if I have made any omissions / errors etc.

• Zwift Inter-club Thursday 9th at 12.20 or 6.30pm.

Only 3 more races left in this Winter’s competition. I missed out a HNCC colleague last week so the points have been updated as all riders add to the total points available. So we still have CC Luton forging ahead with BRCC 2nd and FreeTri coming up fast.

12.20 Women’s Race: https://www.zwift.com/uk/events/view/3502158

12.20 Men’s / All Race: https://www.zwift.com/uk/events/view/3502157

6.30 All Race: https://www.zwift.com/uk/events/view/3502272

• Results are in for today’s Inter-club competition. CC Luton, BRCC and FreeTri take the podium again and it's sad to see HNCC bringing up the rear. Well done to Emma Koppe & Mark Fraser for CCA/MTC and all those who took part.

The last race of this Winter's season is next Thursday.

• Hi @Johnhighfield , I think I got missed from the results somehow?
  • Apologies Simon - I have just seen this and for some reason I did not see your result in ZP when I processed the result. You got a very respectable 24.25 which woukd have placed you 11th with 13points for CCA/MTC.