Welcome to the forum

CCA Cycle Trip 2024 in the Spanish Sierra's

MCMC
edited January 2023 in General
Happy new year all,
All - I am currently trying to organise a trip for a week with ACT in mainland Europe September 2024.

There are a few ideas on the table... we could take a classic tour that is advertised on the ACT website (you can take a look) *or* we can do a custom ride. If we did a custom ride we'll need 14 riders to get the most economical cost. Personally these trips add a meaning to CCA group riding and getting on a bike full stop as I am constantly aiming for my next trip. The trips give purpose and encourage regular riding which is good all round.

FYI - there are about 6 riders already very interested in a ride for 2024. Last year in 2022, 7 of us CCA'ers cycled the length of Portugal and was quite frankly, excellent. We had an amazing time and awesome weather etc. (Plus a few beers...).

If you are interested in going we are meeting in the Letchworth Brewery 20/01 7:30pm to discuss ideas / routes / etc.
Post up here if you want to join us. Note we have to organise the trip by next month so this conversation won't roll on too long hence moving fast on this. Note all ACT rides in 2023 are already soldout ;-)

mc

IF you want to nudge me 1-2-1, get me on my CCA email: mc@ccashwell.com

Comments

• Hi All,
    I've been asked in thebackground what mainland Europe would mean, this means something like:

Bohemia Trip, Prague to Krakow
    Adriatic Coast
    Northern Spain
    Existing trip on the CCA website

Shout if anyone else needs anymore info at this stage.

mc
  • Any takers?
  • I could have been interested, but can’t do September due to business.
  • MCMC
    edited January 2023
    @AdamR just checking still a problem for Sept 2024?

mc
  • Unless I have managed to retire by then yes unfortunately. Motor Trade, March & September don’t give my staff holiday, so not right if I took one either.
  • @AdamR cheers Adam - ok understood. Depending on where the trip is it may vary the timing so anyway I'll post up when I know more.

mc
  • Hi MC, as per my Whatsapp message, I'm definitely up for another trip. If it's September preferably the 3rd or 4th week, as the start of the month is always a busy
    time for me at work.
  • Cheers Paul ;-)

mc
  • Anymore takers to meet in Letchworth brewery tomorrow night to discuss the trip and dates?

mc
  • Ladies and gents,
    Decision made, CCA is going to the Spanish Sierra's in 2024.
    The company we are using will be ACT. (ACT Cycling Tours).

So far the list of CCA riders signed up is:
    MC
    Stef
    Paul B
    Paul S
    Tim S
    Strappy
    Camerlo
    John (Carmelo's mate)

mc