Welcome to the forum

Offroad ride, Sunday February 12th ALSO March 5th

A BIG DAY OUT

I am planning to ride an abridged version of the G-Ride on Sunday, February 12th. Starting in Baldock the route is circular moving clockwise first to Ashwell, then, Melbourn, Fowlmere, Elmdon and beyond before looping back via Dane End.

The route can be downloaded in GPX format using this link XX. Please note the link expires on February 10th.

I will be at the northern end of Baldock High Street in time for a 09:00 departure. I expect we will reach Ashwell about 09:30. If you want to join me in Ashwell I will call into the Grass Track at Small Gains. After which we head north east on Ashwell Street expecting to meet Bassingbourners and Abbington Piglets.

The route is quite long, 56 miles or so. About half is bridleway with the rest on road. I can’t say exactly what time I expect to complete the loop, but I am hoping the Baldock Grill will be open! Certainly they cater for vegetarians, I can’t be completely confident they cater for vegan palets also.

If you fancy coming along let me know below and I will look out for you.

Comments

• edited February 2023
    edit - ah bugger I'm not free sunday. Enjoy it :) see you on an offroad ride soon!
  • Vince and I are going to do this ride tomorrow. Meeting at Small Gains on Ashwell Street at 09:00. Let know if you want to join us.