Welcome to the forum

***Announcing the 2023 Wednesday Evening 10 Mile TT Series***

edited May 2023 in Time Trial
Hi All,

OK, the Wednesday evening 10 mile TT series begins again soon!

* The first race is on 26th April 2023 then weekly throughout the late Spring and Summer with the final race on 23rd August 2023. There will be no mid-season 25TTs, just straight 10s.

* The Event HQ will be the Guilden Morden Village Hall (Postcode: SG8 0JF; or what 3 words: ///slept.brave.takers). For financial reasons, we will have use of the lobby and toileting facilities only (so not the kitchen for after ride tea/biscuits I'm afraid. Sorry!)

* First off start time for all EXCEPT the last race of the season (sunset time meeans bringing the start forward) will be 19.01. Please note: as the Wrestlingworth course start is a little further from the Guilden Morden Village Hall, please allow extra time to ride out.

* This year, I'm pleased to announce that our friends at the Meridian Triathlon Club (MTC) will be helping out one evening a month, so here thanking Claire D and all at MTC in advance! :-)

* We have authorisation to run both of our 10 course, so (1) the there-and-back course starting at the Wrestlingworth Cross Roads to the roundabout turn at Wimpole with the A1198 and back; and (2) the circuit starting just outside Guilden Morden Village on the road to Wrestlingworth, back in towards the GM Village, left along New Road, which becomes Shingay Road and then Flecks Lane, left at Mill Lane, CAREFULLY left onto the B1042 Lower Road, left at the Wrestlingworth crossroads and back to the finish at the Guilden Morden Village sign.

* The potholes on Flecks Lane on the racing line are not good so I will be highlighting these with my spray paint. Do go and have a look to know where they are for your own piece of mind.
    UPDATE: The circuit (2) is out of use for the forseeable because of a dangerous road surface for racing on - see pics in the thread below - so the comments about potholes on Flecks Lane do not apply, as these also are on the circuit (2) in the above bullet
* To ride, you'll need a helmet and front and rear working lights.

* The usual competitions: fastest lady, gent, junior and the Handicap with its unfathomable (well, nearly!) scoring system.

* The one other difference from previous years is that we've had to put up our cost per ride to £5 for CCA and £6 for non-CCA guests. Cash or BACS.

Any questions, please shout!

Comments

• UPDATE:

The F14x10 circuit (the old "footdown" course) will be out of action for the forseeable because of a dangerous road surface for racing. To give you an idea, below are some pics. This means that we will be using the Wrestlingworth - Wimpole Roundabout-Wrestlingworth course exclusively until further notice.