Welcome to the forum

John Meadows Memorial Subsidised CCA Jersey

In October 2021, we said goodbye to a true gentleman and champion of cycling, John Meadows. 
John loved cycling and he loved Ashwell and our great cycling club. He rode with CCA for many years; a long time regular on Saturday club runs, mid-week TTs and longer club expeditions. Upon learning of John's passing, the club renamed the Clubman Trophy, the John Meadows Memorial Cup, awarded to the person who has demonstrated all the great values of being a club member... Supportive, Helpful, a Team Player and who generally goes over and above for the benefit of the club and its members... A true reflection of John's own relationship with CCA.

John held CC Ashwell in such high regard that he left an extremely generous donation of £2000 to our club. The committee have decided that, in honour of John and to allow all club members to benefit from his generous donation, we have designed a special edition club Jersey which we will be offering to club members at a discounted rate, subsidising the cost of each Jersey with the donation that John has left us.

The Jersey design is shown below. There was lots of talk about the colour as John was a fan of red. Whilst respecting the Ashwell colours the Committee wanted to incorporate some red in this commemorative and celebratory design
I'm sure you will agree its looks great and will be a treasured edition to all our cycling wardrobes.
The Jersey will be produced by Kalas (Elite style) size guide here: https://www.kalas.co.uk/size-guide and available for a subsidized price (dependent on number but similar to the anniversary jersey which was £25 . If you would to order one, please add your name and size required to the Google form linked below. 
We will close the form in early June. Please contact me (Chris Potter) of you miss the original date. Any questions please get in touch

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScOOmy1fHRgO-pT6ktvuDT0fwRGMiHKqbHlQIcO86FWnsMFDQ/viewform

Comments

• Looks great - thanks for sorting.

mc
  • It's a nice design and thought. I knew and rode with John from his first ride with the club. We founded the club with the ethos of support, friendship and keeping fit. John was that through and through. He was a modest and generous man. I hope some of his donation will be available to assist somewhere else in the club. Well done.
  • Thanks all, reminder for this, i think we will look to close the poll this weekend (11th June)
  • Did I put Ella down for a top
    Cannot recall as I had to check her size.
  • Hi all, jerseys have now arrived, if you havent already please pay for them into the CCA Bank account quoting "JM Jersey" and your name. Cheers
  • Thanks Chris - £25 transferred.

Many thanks

mc
  • Paid with thanks. David Marriage
  • Sorry Chris, should I have transferred £27? instead of just blindly following MC - as ever.
  • Yes, its £27 for adults, see my other post - MC can you pay the £2 please! Cheers
  • will get Mrs A to send funds over Chris
  • Will sort ;-)

mc
  • Chris how do we collect the tops?
  • Sorry I am late. I transferred £27 to the club account. Let me know how I can collect. I am usually around Ash well for the Saturday youth training early afternoon.