Welcome to the forum

10th Evening 10TT - F14x10 circuit?- 28th June

edited June 2023 in Time Trial
Our 10th 10TT of the season (see the season announcement pinned to the top of the forum for details of the course).

To keep your interest, this week I'm proposing to run the event on the F14x10 circuit - the one we used to know as the "Footdown" course. I think we're good for helpers, thanks, with Steve M, Emma K. and Brendan R.

For those who haven't ridden it yet, the start is just outside Guilden Morden on the road to Wrestlingworth at the entrance to a farm track. The course then returns into GM, before turning left into New Road and out in the direction of Wendy and along Flecks Lane. Just before Wendy, there is a left turn, known as Mill Lane. Take this to the junction with the New Road B1042, which is known as the "Toll Bar" turn. There will be a marshal stationed here. Care here as you need to give way to the right. Then turn left and follow the route you know from the Wrestlingworth course, but this time continue over the brow of the hill and head back towards Guilden Morden. The finish is the Guilden Morden village sign just after the start - care as you pass the finish because the road tightens in a turn to the right.

I understand that the Mill Lane link road between Flecks Lane and New Road B1042 - known also as "Damnation Alley" - has been repaired to some standard, though it's still a bit uneven, But unless there are some last minute hitches, let's give it a go, eh?

Sign-on from about 6.15 p.m. in the foyer of the Guilden Morden Village Hall, with access to the toilets. First rider off 19.01.

The cost to ride is now £5 for CCA and £6 for non-CCA.

Weather forecast at race time is for 23 Celsius, feeling like 27 Celsius apparently in the humidity, light cloud and a gentle breeze from the west south west (=tailwind out).

MyWindSock data: https://mywindsock.com/uploads/11061944/?&plid=30767&share_time=1687971600#forecast=1687971600