Welcome to the forum

CCA Summer TdF Social - Friday 14th July

It's Grand Colombier day towards the end of the second week of the Tour...

Traditionally we have organised a social ride towards Tring, starting and finishing in Letchworth, followed by watching the Tour stage at the Letchworth Garden City Brewery.

I am not able to ride this year, but very much plan on having a few afternoon drinks in the Brewery.

If anyone would like to take the lead and organise a ride, finishing in Letchworth for about 2-3pm, please do... feel free to use this thread to organise also.

For anyone else, all welcome to join for drinks and cheese platters from around 2pm.

Allez allez allez

Comments

• yep...i'd be up for a pedal and a pint...not sure about going out towards Tring after last years "fun"...tumbles, broken cranks and rubbish drivers...
  • Ah, the broken crank.. too much power Phil!

I know Matt Palmer is up for a ride
  • Yep. Definitely up for a ride to earn those beer points.
  • Riders so far are…
    Me
    Matt P
    Paul S
    Stevie J

…btw I am not planning an epic ride…it is a “social” after all
  • Not sure what I'm signing up for. But yes please, stick us on the list.
  • Letchworth Garden City Brewery have confirmed and reserving the 'Big Green' table for us, which they are shuffling closer to the TV!! Splendid!

I have said we'll be arriving from 2pm (can't see a problem if you get there earlier).

All welcome to come along (The Wynd, Letchworth). Take the ride with Matt P, Phil and others or just turn up to watch the pros on TV whilst sampling some tasty beverages.

A bientot!
  • edited July 2023
    update....

riders so far...
    Me
    Matt P
    Paul S
    Stevie J
    Taff
    Jons
    Skelders (possibly...)

see route below...out to woburn (lunch) and back via toddington, st pauls walden etc...me, paul, taff, steve and skelders will join the route at the chippy in henlow...so if others want to leave the tuns in ashwell at 9am we will meet you in henlow at 9.30am...

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/43519273

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/175913996

Toma said he would see us in letchworth in the afternoon...

bonnet de douche...
  • Thanks Phil. Looks great but I'm sure we can turn it into Epic enroute. I'll be leaving Ashwell at 9:00.
  • FYI me, Skelders, Stevie J and Paul have decided NOT to ride tmrw...the weather forecast is rubbish...showing heavy rain all day...but we will be going to GC Brewery for about 2pm...so if folks are going biking don't wait for us...not sure about Taff...
  • I will bail too. See everyone at 2.
  • laptops on....
  • Hope everyone made it home? Particularly Tomo?
    I had an uncomfortable rumbling tummy last night. Slightly off sorts this am. Ripe beeer amd curry combo. Shittsooo
  • All ok Vince 😀
  • Great afternoon catching up chaps, see u on the road soon.... and to clarify, the Étape was actually last Sunday and they will have done today's stage... final climb = Col de Joux Plane (i vowed NEVER to do that one again!)... so will txt Alistair to see how he faired....
  • Cheers all, good few beersn catch up. Not sure about curry either!...

Joux Plan looked tough... must give an etape a go!