Welcome to the forum

Sophie and Rhianna win gold at European U23s

I thought some of you would like to see what Claire Lewis wrote on the CCA youth facebook page. It takes a whole village/club to raise a champion.

For a small village cycle club CCA has shown it’s true colours this last week as 2 riders who learnt their skills on the Ashwell grass track competed in the Under 23 European track championships.
Sophie Lewis and Rhianna Parris-Smith both took two gold medals each. Sophie in the team pursuit and the madison, Rhianna in the team sprint and 500m TT.
These results really are a testament to the club and it’s inclusive ethos. It’s not just the amazing coaching staff, it’s the adults that welcome the kids on group rides, it’s the people who help with mechanical issues prior to races, it’s the fellow parents that mop away the tears after a crash. As mum to Sophie please may I say thank you to you all.

Comments

• Terrific news, Mark. Thanks for sharing. Well done indeed to Sophie and Rihanna. I’m sure you’re too modest to mention you had a (coaching) hand in these successes?