Welcome to the forum

Todays grass track

edited July 2010 in Road Racing
Well, that was hot!

Now, i know there were a few problems and there is much to learn but i think Geoff, Richard and all those who helped out should be very pleased. I could see a lot of the kids getting a lot out of that. certainly Hector now thinks he`s Mark Cavendish and refuses to take his CCA jersey off, insisting he wears it to bed! thats what its all about.
Geoff, ive rarely seen you looking so knackered as at the end of that, take heart, there were lots of happy, if glowing pink, kids.
a great first effort i thought, well done to all the helpers, i hope you enjoyed it even if like me you were a little bamboozled!

TD

Comments

• edited July 2010
    A few pics from today... 30 degrees!

null

null

null

null

null

null
  • Nice words Tim and thanks...however I felt that I failed today and need to really think this over..If it wasn't for Richard,the judges and especially the commentator Dave Kennedy and the Great commissaires it would have been a complete disaster...I know the youth enjoyeed the day but I also feel I didn't understand enough to give the really capable racers a better showing......maybe it was inexperience and the imbalance of adult to youth that made it harder...most of what I hoped would run smoothly blew apart and I couldn't think on my feet fast enoughto cover it and keep it running.....Ian and Max are a class act to follow and I was truly knackered trying to patch my mistakes......once again...thanks to ALL of you riders and helpers for getting us through our first grass track event......
  • Great event - thanks top all: organiser and helpers. My girls thought it was really good fun.