Welcome to the forum

Racing at Hogg Hill 17/7/10

edited July 2010 in Road Racing
My three will be racing at Hogg Hill this Saturday, although due to other appointments I'll be cutting it very close!

The Youth A,B race starts at 11.00am and is approx. 20miles. Entries on the line are £5.50
The Youth C,D race starts at 10.20am and is approx. 7 miles. Entries on the line are £4.50

I usually aim to be there an hour before to allow for signing on, equipment checks and warm up.

For those brave over 16's there is a Cat.3,4 race at 2.00pm which is set to last for 50 minutes. Entries on the line are £15. Joshua will probably do this one as well.

I am happy to advise on location, gearing, signing on etc. The usual health warning, I am not a coach, just an enthusiastic parent and child welfare officer for the club.

Any questions ring me or e-mail 'richard@ccashwell.com'

Richard M

Comments

• I'm meeting Cameron from the Youth Section at Hogg Hill, is anyone else going?
  • A great first race at Hogg Hill for Cameron in the Youth B. He stayed with each split in the field leaving a select group of five to battle out the last few laps. The race was over the full course so the 'Hoggemberg' was negotiated a number of times.

Cameron took a fifth place in the race and exceeded his pre-race expectations and aims by a long way.

Joshua finished 4th in the Youth A and then stayed on to compete in the Cat3,4 race, where he finished in the pack. Daniel and Rebecca did not race today.

I'll post next time we plan to race!

Richard
  • I had a great day out for my first time at Hogg Hill...was not sure about my hill climbing ability but after the 2nd circuit I was finding my way...
    Cannot wait for the next one and hopefully with other CCA U14s so we can work together...

Cameron