Welcome to the forum

CCA Summer TdF Social - Fri 19th July

It's that time of year again when the worlds best riders take on the greatest race, and CCA take on local roads and the finest beers in Hertfordshire.

Friday 19th July is Stage 19, Embrun to Isola 2000. A mountain top finish heading into the final weekend of the Tour.

It's a classic day for us too. Starting and finishing at Garden City Brewery Letchworth, via a new cafe location... Chiltern Velo https://www.chilternvelo.co.uk/ ...A 70 mile ish route retuning to the GCB for beer and the last kilometers of Stage 19 on good old ITV2.

Save the date. Be there or be square.

Comments

• Cheers Matt. I’ll join you in this one
  • Before I firm up details, can those wanting to ride post here so I can understand numbers.

Alternatively, if you just fancy meeting at GCB for drinks and watching the Tour from around 2pm, please post name and flag this.
  • I'd like to do the ride please Matt - thanks.
  • Time-pressed that day. Gutted. I will try and make a few miles of the morning ride.
  • edited July 3
    Yes I’d like to do this ride thanks, when will you be posting the route?
  • Apologies, I'm short on leave and have taken extra time out away from family recently, so not able to commit to this next week now. Destination looks good though if anyone does want to take a trip to Chiltern Velo
  • A shame I too am pressed for time. :-(

Does that make Mr Vincent ride leader if you can’t make it Matt?

mc
  • Will this event still be happening?
  • What's the craic with this? I've booked the day off, so I'm keen. Any other takers for this social ride? Only 4 so far
  • Ok. Let's firm up these names:
    Taff
    Vince
    Tim
    Martin
    Tokes
    Alex W

Anymore takers?
    The weather looks incredible.
  • What time would we be meeting in Letchworth?
  • Happy to meet at either Ashwell or Letchworth at 9.00am?
  • It’s going to be amazing.
    Anyone got the route or shall we do a different ride?
    Must decide on where to meet.
    Letch or ashwell
  • @Tokes what works for you mate? Letchworth or Ashwell? I'd guess Ashwell works best for us all?
  • Yes I will meet you in Ashwell, Three Tuns?
  • 👍
    9.00 At 3 tuns in Ashwell. Route is 65 to 70 miles finishing at the brewery in Letchworth
  • 👍🏼
  • A route: Ashwell, Duxford, Puckeridge, Letchworth.

https://www.strava.com/routes/3248774373170173956
  • Cheers Graham.
    For anyone wanting to join us for a beer at the brewery, I expect us to be at the brewery for 2ish.

See you tomorrow
  • Ok table booked for 2pm onwards for 6-8 of us. But loads of rooms
    Tv will be on for us
    Presumably it’s on itv4. They don’t have eurosport
  • Fabulous day out with Ian alex Graham Taffy.
    First stop minor puncture. Second stop Newton for coffee served by my daughter. Third stop - slight puncture. Fourth stop air canisters in saffron. Fifth stop Debden barns for a chorister lunch. Amazing. Sixth stop to recalibrate and reroute near puckeridge. Seventh stop for shandy and coke and drum roll. Final stop at brewery with Alex taff and me.
    Wonderful chilled rod in scotchio temperatures.
    Beer is clearly helpful in such conditions.
    So many missed out on this one. Next year get on it.
  • Ian did you get home ok?
  • Well done all. Sorry couldn't make this work this year.
  • Yes Vince I got home ok thanks for yesterday