Welcome to the forum

Geoff's Club run

edited July 2010 in Club runs
Geoff's 'yoof' club ride joined forces with a small aerobic contingent to make a good size group of 9. Geoff, myself, Andy B, Sam, Daniel, Alistair, Theo, John and Cameron worked together around an enjoyable hammer-head shaped route ably guided by Andy. Taking in Potton and Gamlingay to the west and Duxford to the east we were lucky to run with the wind until we turned onto the homeward leg at Shepreth.
Some stout efforts on the front by Geoff proved he has obviously consolidated his fitness since being crocked in the early season. Plenty of banter and good humour in the ranks and undoubtedly fine efforts from the younger guys considering the statistics: 51.5 miles, 17.5mph average speed, 2000ft of ascent (fairly flat) and a 10mph SW wind on the way back in. Not sure who won the sprint, memory fails me. Also, very nice to see James in good health at the pub for coffee.
Thanks for the ride guys.

Comments

• good average speed guys. only did a short one myself at 18.5mph and was fairly cooked at that.
  • Peter,
    You forgot to mention your own sterling efforts on the front into the wind on the way back, it didn't go un-noticed!
  • certainly was fun guys......good craic and great rides by our young riders..all Bcat U14 by the way.......if they keep developing at this rate we are going to be struggling to stay with them........fortunately they still need us for the routes so will probably have to wait for us at junctions..........good stint on front Peter....nice to chat with someone while trundling along on the front into the wind......good route Andy..nice to not worry where to go for once...
  • DPCDPC
    edited July 2010
    You're right about that wind. Struggled all the way back from Haslingfield although the descent down Chapel Hill gave a brief respite. Ended up with 68 miles at 17.4 avg.

Vincent, was that you I saw between Hinxworth and Ashwell at about 11:15?

Darren