Welcome to the forum

14th August club Ride

edited August 2010 in Club runs
No Bob and Andy went on the Graffham ride so I took the club ride ....3 young riders went with 9 adults from Ashwell to Potton,St Neots,Abbotsley,Great Gransden,longstow,Comberton,Barton,Haslingfield,Barrington,Shepreth,Meldreth,Bassingbourn,Littlington Steeple Morden and Back into Ashwell.50 miles
all at at average of 17.5mph albeit a bit flattish. No hiccups and no mechanicals.....very impressed with our young riders especially Daniel..a bit pooped
at the end..Jon leaving us all for dead on the climbs from Littlington....Steve improving on the hills........and 2 new riders who look like they will be joining
CCA . All good fun. One bad moment when coming back into Steeple Morden when a white van bore down on our ride at 40mph or so and tried to take the
ride out...as the prone front rider I narrowly escaped wipeout by a quick reaction...I wish there was some way we could record these idiots actions and
get them reported..it all happens so fast there seems no way to get them.
More of the same next Sunday 22nd if you want (hopefully without white van man incidents). I can make it a little longer, but will make it a bit slower to compensate
A very good way to test your legs with a couple of pleasant stopping places to munch your energy bars and do a couple of stretches before continuing.

Comments

• Hi, I was one of the "new" riders. My membership form will be in the post today. Really great to get a ride out with a group rather than on me tod and by the time I'd ridden home (Royston) I'd clocked up a nice round 100Km. and yes the white van was VERY close!

hope to see you next week.
    Lee
  • Respect to the 3 young uns yesterday, 50 miles at 17.5 and not a moan or a wheel out of place. ridden like they`d been doing it for years. Impressive.
  • praise indeed lads from one of the club's best riders. Thanks Tim.....that is what gives the coaches in the club such a buzz...to see young riders coming through the ranks as really competent and talented cyclists....Welcome to the club Lee..see you on some more rides