Welcome to the forum

Tues 7.30pm Chain gang

edited August 2010 in Chain gangs
Chainers -
Am hoping to make it tomorrow for the 7.30pm Tues chain gang. Robbie said he was too.
Not sure I'll last more than half a lap at the mo at the 'usual' speeds, even as last man, but happy to plough on alone - or if there are others who can typically TT between 27-30 mins - see you there, you'll have a buddy in me.

Probably the last 7.30pm one of the year eh?

Weather forecast OK so far. Bit windy.

Comments

• Me, Phil A, Robbie, Marco out in the 7.30 group. Marco a bit late having changed at Vince's house. Bit of evening entertainment Guilden Morden way there then.
    Saw the 7pm team - think there were 4 there too.
    Tough going in the horizontal wind and showers. 22ish on lap one. Fell off the back the second lap: still clawing back middle group form.
    Great training these sessions - but surely the last 7.30 session: proper dark on the last lap. They've been a welcome part of the Summer. Until next May...
  • Thanks to all who made the effort to ride the Tuesday chaingang. These worked very well I think and proved there are some fast riders. But more importantly i hope it gave those that have yet to race some experience of riding in a group and how to work as a group to keep a break moving or chase one down. We will reconvene next year and will discuss format, routes, timings etc next year. In the meantime try and get new recruits to join in next year.

Hopefully the winter circuit sessions will get going again soon. Good to see some MTB night rides are being organised for the winter also.

I thoroughly enjoyed the evenings i could make and hope to be able to make more next year.

Cheers,

Vincent
  • Lets put a date in the diary for 2011.... the light is coming!
  • some of our young turks are wanting to join you lads.probably Cameron..maybe Theo ...not sure on others......their parents are o.k. with this, but can you keep an eye out
  • edited April 2011
    Ok let's give it an early whirl. MIght be a week or too early but let's give it a bash anyway.

DEFFO LIGHTS FOR ALL.
  • Start point and course details please.

Aiming to be there on Tuesday.

Lights on charge.
  • will the chain gang be on tomorrow?... if so what time will this be and where to meet?

Cam
  • I don't know Cameron....I won't be starting the easier rides till May3rd........I believe the faster boys are going to have a stab tomorrow..7.30 sharp at the three tuns for the start....If I am wrong I would expect those concerned to set out the time and route.....I would have thought that they will stay with the route through Littlington,Bassinborne and back to Steeple Morden..htat is the longer loop bypassing Abington Piggots
  • Am not sure I can make the 7.30pm Chain tomorrow - but will try.
    Yep I'd suggest - 3 Tuns, 7.30pm DEPARTING. Lights required.
    Warm up getting to Steeple Morden - and then the loop[s] as Geoff says above. 9 miles each from recollection.
    Keep it smoooooth!
  • If Sarah is home on time ill see you on the loop
  • See ya there bang on 7.30 if no train delays.
  • Crikey.. I headed towards Littlington expecting to see Mark and Robbie only to be confronted by what looked like something out of "Close Encounters" whizzing towards me. Great turn out, hope you lads got back ok. will try to be more use as the weeks go on.
  • 11 out. Me, Robbie, Tim D, Jason, Jez, Stef, MC, Iain, James - and Cam and John - great effort lads.
    22.7mph first lap. 23.5mph second lap. Great conditions - though light a real issue the last half lap.

MC - I've got a picture you can stick on your handlebars for next time ;-]

null
  • sound good, would have come but had tourch mounting problems, but should be there next week after a considerable amount of time bodging in the shed.
  • wait week after that, got a regional school of racing that day