Welcome to the forum

Welwyn Wheelers Eastern Area Track Championship 21/9/08

edited September 2008 in Youth
I've just e-mailed out to as many of the Youth Section who I have addresses for.

If you want to enter go to the relevant page on the British Cycling website for info and then you'll need to go to the generic entry form.

If you want to enter this event and need help with finding the forms etc. please e-mail me on richard@ccashwell.com

Team Maynard will be there from 11.30am on the day.

The Youth riders could do with all the support we can get, so, even if you've never been before, come and have a look and support the newest members of the club. Contact me for a Google Maps link if you need to know where it is.

THE ENTRIES HAVE TO BE IN BY 12/9/08 OR YOU'LL HAVE TO PHONE UP TO BEG TO BE ALLOWED TO BE ENTERED!

Comments

• Hi,

I had a call from Peter Waghorn the organiser, as he is concerned about allowing relative novices to take part in this event. Ian's crash in the event last year was partly caused by a novice rider.

I would suggest that you only enter if you have (absolute minimum) competed before in grass track (Biggleswade) and did the trip to Manchester. Otherwise, be patient and get down to the Welwyn training sessions on Monday's next year and then try out in the Friday Track league.

If in doubt, call Peter or myself to discuss.

Mark.
  • Having got back from France last night I hear that none of the Youth Section entries have been accepted by Welwyn Wheelers.

The reason given is that none of our riders have enough experience of racing and that there is therefore a safety question mark about letting them race.

I apologise for building up the expectations of those individuals who had entered. I will be liasing with Geoff as to how we can prove our level of experience in order that Welwyn Wheelers will let us race.

In the meantime I think Geoff has two more Thursday evenings planned and then will run some activity on occasional weekends during the winter.

Sorry again! I'll try to get the organisation a bit slicker next time.
  • Thanks Richard and also to ALL those who tried to enter DO NOT LOSE HEART.

We are relatively new to racing and serious accidents do happen especially if riders are too inexperienced and possibly a little twitchy..i.e. respond to moves and move out a little erratically.

SOoooooooooo..........let's all calm down and I will work with Max..Mark and Richard to get CCAshwell youth up to the required mark so that next year/season you can all take part..those who wish to....and PASTE WW and the rest.........IN SAFETY.

I know you are disappointed but don't worry. Build on this set-back and come back stronger.

Richard and I will want to know who would like to get the experience to take part fully. We will then get a programme together for you.

See you all Thursday.