Welcome to the forum

London-Surrey 100 individual places confirmed by 15th Feb.. and possible team entry

2»

Comments

• If you could put me down for a place that would be appreciated
  • Failed also would be nice to be in a team place
  • I've just opened some old mail hanging about. I've succeeded! Game on.

What's the dealio? Do we try and do it as a blue train or two? Three. Or is that impossible to work out with different start times.
  • despite the thousands of riders, different start times, pens and blue/black starts, last year we managed to get a big group together at the start, 15 or so i would guess, maybe more.
    made for a great blue train start down the 3 lanes of the a12
    when we put in the team entries need to agree an estimated ride time that keeps everyones start times close together
  • Although a lovely (and bright!) consolation prize jacket arrived, I would still been keen to join a Team CCA ballot.
  • To make up numbers on a team - please add my name too. cheers
  • Also missed out on the ballot - please add my name to the list for Team CCA!
  • Got a place in the ballot. Well pleased.
  • My application unsuccessful. Please add me to Team ballot if not too late.
  • cancel my team place, unbelievably I have a place....
  • Didn't get a place either. Would be keen on a team entry!

How did it work last year? Did the teams stick together, for for individual times or a bit of both?
  • You may have got an email from BC today about team entry "British Cycling Club Challenge"
    Just to confirm I will co-ordinate team entries for CCA, and will submit our application in the next couple of days.

Reminder of the rules:

Successful teams will be informed by Friday 28 March 2014.The event takes place on Sunday 10 August 2014.
    If a club application is successful, each rider within the team will need to pay their own entry fee (£48) and complete their own online entry form. All team members must have completed and paid for their entry by 25 April 2014 or the team will lose its place.
    Any club represented in the 2013 Club Challenge is guaranteed, upon application, a minimum of one team in the 2014 Club Challenge. There are places for 400 teams in total. If applications are received for more than 400 teams, a ballot will be held.
    Every rider in a team must be a current British Cycling member at the point of entry and on the day of the event.
    Riders who hold an Elite or 1st Category British Cycling Race Licence are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge.
    Riders who have already secured an individual place through the original entry ballot or a charity place are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge.
  • Thanks for organising this for us again, Stef.

It's good to hear that we've got a team place guaranteed. Hopefully we'll get some more...
  • OK, I've entered 6 teams, (5 all male, 1 mixed) - lets see how we get on. we find out by 28th march.

if we only get a small number of teams priority will go to those that applied as individuals and got rejected, are active club members, and in the order people responded above.
  • If you said above you were interested in a team place, see my other post as most of you have got one!