Welcome to the forum

CC ASHWELL PRIMAVERA 18th May 2014 HELP!

edited March 2014 in General
Well here it is again...9th edition I believe!

At the moment our race will be a same format to last year using the Cardington circuit except we are using Cople Village Hall as HQ .

It will be a 3/4 cat race again over 90 km on Sunday 18th May at 09.30.
Have had a lot of problems trying to get course around Ashwell approved so once again we are back to Cople...will keep trying though..

So am counting on the great support from the club again to make this event as good as previous editions...with the talent in this club we must have CCA winner this time??....

Below is a list of helpers from last year...could I be cheeky and hopeful and ask those who can't help to let me know and those that can to confirm...and any new helpers would be great!..BIG THANKS!

Drivers:
Tim Duckett
Stef Dixon
Jim Rees
Andy Bartlett

First Aid:
Dave Swain

Licences:
Karen Bartlett

Refreshments:
Tracey Luggeri

Judges
Mark Wyer
Richard glover
Bob Swain

Marshalls
James Boyle
Georgie Boyle
Strappy
Bob Rowantree
Bob Swain
John Riddett
Andrew Robertson
Vince Freelander
James Davis
Gavin Baker
Robbie Laughton
Phil Keen
Mick Gee
Dave Kane?

Comments

• Hi Carmelo

I would like to help but am planning on riding the Eastern Div Champs on that day. If that plan changes I will be there...

Anthony
  • Im good for usual driving duties.
  • I'll hopefully be riding this, if I manage to get a place....... If I don't get a place I'll be happy to help.
  • edited March 2014
    i'm okay for marshalling - usual place; top of the hill between northill and cople
  • Hi Carmelo - Sorry cant do first aid this year as we are away.
  • To confirm, Carmelo, I'm also available to help.
  • Can't help this year, Carmelo, sorry. (Etape du Dales beckons)
  • carmelo

i can do my usual duties if needed.

strappy.
  • Apologies, Carmelo. I'm also doing Etape du Dales and won't be able to help this year.
  • edited April 2014
    Carmelo, will be there reporting for duty

I'll give someone else a chance for the podium ;)

Please give me a dyslexia proof job!

Nathaniel

*edit, you might aswell put me somewhere where we can make use of my camera?!
  • Carmello

I can marshall put me on the list

Vic
  • Carmelo,

I can marshall, but will have an 8yr old "helper" with me, so pls put me down for something suitable.

Jamie
  • Hi Carmelo

Put me down to marshall too please.

Happy to do a quiet leafy corner, as I've a plan to make it a bit of a family picnic if the weather good.

Let me know if you want the programme design updating like previous years.

ta

Martin
  • Me too, no problem.
  • I can help, as with Jamie I'll have a young assistant so if there's anything suitable put me down for it.
  • THANK YOU all those that have come forward! I am pretty much there now.I have made a provisional list(may change).Marshals need to come to Cople Village Hall .Grange Lane, Cople Beds, MK44 3TT at about 8.45 to 9.00 depending on whether you are riding to Marshall point.
    Vic...you and Andy did a great job with putting up signs...could I ask the same which means you need to be there earlier 08.00...from Marshals list are there 2 that could come earlier to assist Vic and Andy please?

Drivers about 08.45...enough time to get signs on cars and radios sorted etc...

If anyone else comes forward they are most welcome..I can't stress the importance of Marshals enough..I know it is a bit boring but the more we have the safer the race will be.
    For those who haven't done it before...you will be given a red flag with which to warn motorists that the race is approaching...some points need 3....We are technically not allowed to stop traffic..just 'request' but I tend to make a nuisance of myself and make sure they see me!...some may ask what is going on...politely tell them that a race is approaching and it will be passing very quickly in a few moments...we will also have 3 motorcycle marshals helping...sometimes we do get a driver who just wants to go through regardless..nothing we can do about that..

CC ASHWELL RACE OFFICIALS

John Riddett lead car 1
    Stef Dixon lead car 2
    Richard Maynard Commissaire
    Andy Bartlett Assistant Commissaire

Tim Duckett First Aid and Service
    Jamie Quiggin

Karen Bartlett Licences
    Sofia Luggeri

Tracey Luggeri Refreshments

Marshalls
    Bob Swain Chief Marshall/assistant judge
    Richard Glover assistant judge
    James McKenzie
    Phil Keen
    Mark Constable
    Robbie Laughton
    Martin Lawless
    Tony Strapp
    Andrew Robertson
    Nathaniel Rosa
    Vic Brown
    David Hadsley
    Lindsey Foulkes
    Mark Horton
  • Would love to help but coming off nights, if you you need any extra help could get to you for 1030 ish, sorry mate.
  • edited May 2014
    Good luck to all CC Ashwell riders!

Download the programme here

You can also download it from the Racing page of the website;
    http://www.ccashwell.com/racing.html
  • edited May 2014
    sorry to be missing this event.....it is always a good race and looks like CCA could do well this year. Good luck and good weather riders and helpers.
  • Massive thank you to Carmelo and all that helped and marshalled today.
    Really great race again in perfect weather.
  • Like Neil said, a massive thank you to all that helped and organised. A fun race with great weather.
  • Thanks Carmelo... wonderful morning for it! Great marshalling too. Shame we couldn't get a couple of guys on the podium, next year we will for sure!
  • Top riding CCA! Great to see you in action working together.
  • Well done everyone. Ashwell looked da business!

I had fun marshalling my corner. Free coffee from the good folk of Old Warden and might have bagged a 'gear cable fitting' session of all things at our next monthly Club night.

If anyone fancies a pint tonight to chew it all over. I'll be bobbling over the Three Tuns, Ashwell, from about 8.45/9pm.

null

null
  • Can you see the mysterious Ghost of Old Warden in between our two riders on the second photo...
  • What's he doing?!
  • here are some more pictures..looked bloody fast today!

/Users/alex_gerritsen/Library/Application Support/iLifeAssetManagement/assets/sub/017d6adc9cffd433fcdfdec92d02d255d258cbf17d/IMG_0573.JPG
    /Users/alex_gerritsen/Library/Application Support/iLifeAssetManagement/assets/sub/010cac116dfcc5ebc06e69fe5758573d4f77272bde/IMG_0574.JPG
    /Users/alex_gerritsen/Library/Application Support/iLifeAssetManagement/assets/sub/013282975b11c21302698cd0fa93f1d070d8ce075d/IMG_0578.JPG
    /Users/alex_gerritsen/Library/Application Support/iLifeAssetManagement/assets/sub/018e57b8753716b186f31ca832e50be2bc4a42f33b/IMG_0584.JPG
    /Users/alex_gerritsen/Library/Application Support/iLifeAssetManagement/assets/sub/010a17364629a6280019a4f88d02487191d47f0430/IMG_0585.JPG
    /Users/alex_gerritsen/Library/Application Support/iLifeAssetManagement/assets/sub/01196049fa59301de54799c44a73109bffa8f56fe4/IMG_0586.JPG
    /Users/alex_gerritsen/Library/Application Support/iLifeAssetManagement/assets/sub/015d9e14ebac288f55a0e921660f2e002e2a8ee171/IMG_0588.JPG
  • Glad you got the pictures to work Alex, great photos! Thanks to carmelo and all CCA for making it a good day. Great riding from all our riders.
    was great to see Tom in the winning break, great to see all our riders get round...well done Foulksie and great to see a fantastic bit of following car pacing from John.

Spooky photo that Martin!