Welcome to the forum

CCA 100 mile Hatfield Forest club ride - Sun 25 April 8.30am

2»

Comments

• Just got back! But seriously, thanks to all for making it such a good one.
    John
  • edited April 2010
  • What a hoot! A near 8 hour hoot! Aye - felt like two different days. I thought it would improve from the misery of Punctureshire early on and it did. Cheers Geoff for the support: it was vital. I can't imagine how'd we got by without it. Well done John for persevering. Top sprinting from Mark - grabbing line at the Fulbourne and Ashwell signs. Well done Chris for recovering from his early slide so well. Praise be Stef had GPS'd the route - the analog map reading was a bit difficult. 11 made it to 102m at Ashwell. Great Spring route. Good laugh.
  • VicVic
    edited April 2010
    A grand day out - despite the lousy weather and puncture interruptions in the morning, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I'm not sure my legs did (I clocked 280 miles in total last week and it began to tell on the faster afternoon ride!).

A big thanks to Martin for organizing the ride and lunch and to Geoff for the invaluable support vehicle.

Vic
  • Hi All,

Thanks for a cracking ride yesterday. I did manage to escape with just the one puncture but Kevin managed to keep up our batting average with 3!! Thanks Johan for support and lunch. All those doing HHH my number is 07535326261 call or txt before the event and we can meet. Thanks again and see you all soon if you dont mind.

Stu
  • edited April 2010
    was a pleasure guys, and well done everyone for sticking it out.........well route mapped Martin and Stef....some tricky spots but no mistakes and the mileage was spot on.........hope to be fit enough for the next one
  • A couple of shots from Pete - when we met a recumbent later in the day.

http://www.ccashwell.com/hatfield-forest-spring-ride-2010.html
  • Top ride chaps, thanks Geoff for the supoprt, Martin for the lunch and Stef for the navigating. Nice sprinting MC.

Have just finished picking the gravel out of my elbow and knee :-)

Chris